Judge Penny says she WON’T approve Britney’s 2019 financial accounting without seeing additional documentation

1 hour ago, PZHSB said:

of course the bitter Britney stans expecting her to magically be granted freedom because of a NY times documentary cannot see that. This is a long process

We know it's a long process. But what happened today is just a stupid waste of time. The literally met for what, 5 minutes and thousands of dollars of Britney's money to say "well, let's move it to next month." There was no reason to waste everybody's time when they could've postponed it without meeting. There's a long process and there's completely wasting time and money.  

• Like 9

Do any of you know if you fan file to terminate a cship when there is not a permanent conservator in charge? Wouldnt it be weird if you could file for termination without an official conservator running it? I mean as of now Jodi is just a substitute so idk if she has the same powers of a permanent conservator which would include accepting to terminate it while shes only temporary

Maybe thats the reason why they are trying to make her permanent first? Just wishful thinking

10 minutes ago, BritneyJeanArmy said:

I see this as a very good thing. It appears they did not provide sufficient documentation for them to approve the accounting records for the fiscal year they are reviewing. From experience running a nonprofit and dealing with accounting all the time, this means they haven’t closed the books for the fiscal year and more documentation is needed for them to say the books look good. To me, this is a red flag that the judge saw something she didn’t like or they couldn’t explain. I’ve considered this court proceeding to be like a financial audit and Jamie’s side hasn’t provided evidence to prove their books are good. 

As for making Jodi permanent conservator, this is just the first step in dissolving this conservatorship. This is preventing Jamie from ever reclaiming that role, which will distance family from the situation and essentially the conflict of interest that is clearly happening. There’s hope that there will be more support on Britney’s side in the future should she petition to terminate the conservatorship with Jodi as her conservator of the person. Jamie would never allow that. These are huge first steps in a long process. We live in a world of instant gratification, but unfortunately, this is something we can’t rush and should be happy with any little successes. 

Exactly. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

However, it doesn't seem that Jodi was named as the permanent conservator today, but that this request will also be heard in the next proceeding scheduled for April 27. 

@Marcanthony Unfortunately I can't give a super informed opinion because the Minute Order is pretty bare and is difficult to understand unless you're a party or witness to the proceedings. All I can gather from it is that today's hearing was about accounting/finances, people testified, and based on the agreement of all parties, the matter was postponed to April in order for supplemental documentation to be provided to Judge Penny for her to decide whether to grant or deny the matter. However, the actual matter Judge Penny is considering is not clear just from this document. Does anybody know what exactly it is?

It does seem promising because whatever the judge is considering was filed by Jamie, so presumably she needs more information to determine whether she should approve his request or not. It could be something minor or something more, but realistically it doesn't seem like it really has anything to do with the conservatorship over Britney as a person, but rather her finances. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Isla said:

Is this meant to be a good thing?

I haven't checked exactly what happened at the hearing, but based on how short it was, I think it's just a mere technicality. Like, I don't think it's "the Court finding out there are documents missing" but it's the excuse that Thoreen and Ingham gave to postpone whatever was gonna be discussed today, to the next hearing. It's like, maybe they ARE asking for more time to fabricate get those papers indeed, but I don't think they even presented anything at all today, for what I understand.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

I guess making her permanent (for now) cancel any possibility that her father would be back as her conservator of her personal affairs. Which is good I guess 

My thoughts exactly but the question is if she is ok with personal cship if  it is not her father or she is being strategic to remove him then apply for termination with her cause it is going to be easier...idk. At this point i do not think Britney will be ever free..it is just such difficult system to ever get out. So sad

3 hours ago, car said:

Ugh hate this permanent thing by a random. This is the biggest pop star in the world who is now controlled by a random person. What. How does this make any sense?!

I can’t imagine how infuriating it must be for Britney or so many of the other people who get in this situation. 

I hate when people describe Britney as fragile. Like are you kidding me? She’s strong as h***

8 hours ago, PZHSB said:

This is HUGE news but of course the bitter Britney stans expecting her to magically be granted freedom because of a NY times documentary cannot see that. This is a long process and it’s playing out how it should. 

I think a lot of that bitterness stems from her lawyer doing his job after 13 years 

10 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

I guess making her permanent (for now) cancel any possibility that her father would be back as her conservator of her personal affairs. Which is good I guess 

7 hours ago, BritneyJeanArmy said:

As for making Jodi permanent conservator, this is just the first step in dissolving this conservatorship. This is preventing Jamie from ever reclaiming that role, which will distance family from the situation and essentially the conflict of interest that is clearly happening. There’s hope that there will be more support on Britney’s side in the future should she petition to terminate the conservatorship with Jodi as her conservator of the person. Jamie would never allow that. These are huge first steps in a long process. We live in a world of instant gratification, but unfortunately, this is something we can’t rush and should be happy with any little successes. 

it is unlikely that this step was taken for this purpose, tbh...  I don't think James even can go back to being her conservator of a person, if Scam's intentions were to defend her interests, then James would not have a chance, since he did too many dirty deeds... 

For example:

- Jamie abused Preston, has RO - this can be cited as a point against

- put Britney in a medical facility against her will

- if Scam had not postponed the hearing, but instead finally started showing, how James was mismanaging her money

- Scam could ask court for new medical evaluations as evidence for any petition to terminate the conservatorship.

- and many other steps

It is also interesting that LFB fell silent right after the hearing, apparently they had not yet come up with good excuses to justify Scam Income.

• Like 2