Little Mix's 'Glory Days' album becomes the first album in history by a female group to surpass 2 billion streams on Spotify

Slayer

Little Legends :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

This was undeniably their biggest era and their most successful! Little Mix even describe the 'Glory Days' era as literally their 'Glory Days' due to how big it was.

Glory Days became the group's first UK number-one album, Glory Days spent a total of five non-consecutive weeks at number one in the UK Albums Chart, the longest run at the top by a girl group album since the Spice Girls in 1996. In March 2018 the album spent a 69th week in the top 40 of the UK Albums Chart, making it the longest-running girl group album in the top 40 ever. The album spent 173 weeks in the Official UK Album Charts.

The lead single from the album was 'Shout Out To My Ex' and it debuted at number one on the UK Singles Charts and the song remained at number one for three consecutive weeks. It also ended up winning 'Best British Single' at the BRIT Awards, the UK version of the Grammys.

The singles:

Spoiler

original.gif

little-mix-twitter.thumb.jpg.a23833a8f8fa14566d96fae192794fb9.jpg

• Love 5
3 hours ago, FraFromThe90's said:

I love all their singles of Confetti and I'm so sad they are already separating. They are the only real popstars these days, they have voice, dancing skills, amazing performances like good old school pop performances. We deserve popstars like them

I agree with you! They give us good old school pop performances! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

New music is rumoured to be coming next month! So at least we've got new music to come! They've definitely been working on music and been teasing it so it's just a question of when! :) They filmed a music video last month too!

11 minutes ago, car said:

I’m a bit confused. Can someone help out? Are they really big outside the US? I rarely hear about them here / see them on charts etc. 

They are EXTREMELY big here in the UK, Brazil, Asia, Australia and parts of Europe!

They have been together without any breaks for 10 years this year and are the most streamed girl group ever on Spotify. They also have 5 UK Number 1's and the last Number 1 was in January - which is pretty amazing for a girl group in their 10th year of being together. They also have won Brit Awards (The UK version of the Grammys). They were also the only ever girl group to win the X Factor UK (there have been 15 seasons and they were the first ever group to win the X Factor). They had their own talent show last year called 'Little Mix: The Search' which aired on the BBC.

I could say so much more but I doubt you'd want to hear it all :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

It's a shame they are not big in the US, they were done dirty by their label. They revealed that their US label asked them to flirt with men/producers to do well and they refused (hence why they left the label).

Fun fact Kelly Rowland helped form them on the X Factor UK :) 

If you're not familiar with them definitely check out these:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block