Demi Lovato reveals she was **** as a teenager by someone she knew while working for Disney Channel

Official-SXSW-Still-Credit_-OBB-MEDIA.jp

The Guardian report in a new article that the singer reveals in her documentary series that 

she was **** as a teenager while working for the Disney Channel in the late 2000s by someone who faced no repercussions when she revealed what happened.

Demi refuses to disclose who the person was but does reveal that she 'had to see that person all the time afterwards.'

In her new docuseries Demi Lovate: Dancing with the Devil, which premiered on SXSW yesterday, Demi reveals details about her overdose in 2018: 

She said she was “left for dead” by her **** dealer after he **** her during the overdose, and that she saw him during a one-time relapse after a stay in a treatment facility in an effort to assert control.

The experience, she then says, mirrors the one she had as a teenager:

“I lost my virginity in a r***,” she said. “I called that person back a month later and tried to make it right by being in control, and all it did was just make me feel worse.”

Both times were “textbook trauma re-enactments, and I really beat myself up for years, which is also why I had a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that it was a r*** when it happened”.

Demi does not reveal when or where the assault happened but shares that at the time, 2008, she was wearing a purity ring when they were shooting Camp Rock. She reveals that she was public about staying pure and a virgin until marriage. Demi got interviewed while being on the set of Camp Rock 2, 2010, and then she revealed that she is

“more aware of just life and people and the way that the business works” since filming the first movie. “I think I’m able to protect myself a little more.”

On her encounter with the assaulter, Demi says

“We were hooking up but I said, ‘hey, this is not going any farther, I’m a virgin and I don’t want to lose it this way.’ And that didn’t matter to them, they did it anyways. And I internalized it and I told myself it was my fault, because I still went in the room with him, I still hooked up with him.”

Demi discloses that the combination of her struggles (bulimia, self-harm) at the time with the pure image she was pressured to maintain did not help her recognise the encounter as r***:

“The Christian, southern girl in me didn’t see it that way because *** was not normalized as a child or in the south,” she said. “And, you know what, **** it, I’m just gonna say it: my #MeToo story is me telling somebody that someone did this to me, and they never got in trouble for it. They never got taken out of the movie they were in.”

On why she chose to speak up about, Lovato shares that:

“because everyone that that happens to should absolutely speak their voice if they can and feel comfortable doing so”

The first episode "Losing Control" of the docuseries, which includes an exclusive first listen to Lovato's new single "Dancing with the Devil," is set to premiere on Youtube on March 23rd. 

Sending strength and love to Demi!

Exhale, please do remain respectful in your comments regarding this vulnerable moment of her life. 

gettyimages-876405740_sf.jpgdemi-docu.jpg.c58e1dcc44cf727d86c45b42054ff251.jpg

Related:

• Love 2

I am very glad she spoke about this.

I have been in a similar situation where guys have taken advantage of me and I continue to see them to somehow 'make it right' or 'justify it' or make it somehow 'feel better' and have me in control. to somehow erase the time I wasn't. 

I had a guy at 14 get me drunk and high for the first time and take advantage of me when I was barely conscious. It makes me sick to think about it. After that, I decided I had a crush on him and proceeded to like him all year during my freshman year in high school until we dated for a few months. 

I think lots of young people have these horrible ***ual encounters and then try and do things like this. Make them into something legitimate. But now that I'm older, and look back, all that I see is that I dated someone who ***ually assaulted me. UGGGHHHH

Anyways, I am glad she spoke to this. I wish people spoke about this back in the early 2000's and I wish I had known better. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, MoonLight28 said:
  Hide contents

She's really out there using her personal traumas to promote and sell albums :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

Art can take any shapes and forms, including topics. It may or may not reflect the artist's life (e.g. Taylor's Folklore is about storytelling and different characters). Nothing wrong with what Demi's doing, tbh. 

Beyonce did the same with Lemonade about her relationship with Jay Z. 

I'm sure we'd expect the same from Britney IF she decides to continue her career once she's free. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

She always comes up with this when she's releasing new music......

Look she did go through bad stuff but I can't stand how she calculates it to bring it up and use it as promotion.

It didn't happen once, it's literally ALL THE TIME with her and makes me wonder about her motives. It's all too calculated.

Not saying she's lying about it but I do feel she uses it to get more recognition since her last songs have been kinda flopping.

• Like 6

I'm not surprised to hear Demi admit this, it's been speculated that something like this happened to her ever since her song 'Warrior' released in 2013. The lyrics in the bridge alluded to her assault: 'There's a part of me I can't get back, A little girl grew up too fast, All it took was once, I'll never be the same'

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

I'm not surprised to hear Demi admit this, it's been speculated that something like this happened to her ever since her song 'Warrior' released in 2013. The lyrics in the bridge alluded to her assault: 'There's a part of me I can't get back, A little girl grew up too fast, All it took was once, I'll never be the same'

Didn't know this. Chilling. 

3 minutes ago, WhateverYouNeed said:

she was WHAT? censoring words is so stupid ugh

R#ped 

2 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I feel so sad for her, obviously the raping made her spiral down in an attempt to find comfort and escape from the situation. She was only a teen back in 2008, like not even 17 yet? that's so ****ed up omg :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I know quite a lot of you belittle this woman here on this forum (which is a bit ironic since some of her issues are similar to Britneys) however a r*pe is a r*pe no matter what and I don't get the victim blaming at all. Some people practice self harm quite publicly (also there can be drawn parallells to Britney) but why on earth do you want to kick someone who is down and trying in her own way to get back up on her feet? I just don't get it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Marlean said:

I know quite a lot of you belittle this woman here on this forum (which is a bit ironic since some of her issues are similar to Britneys) however a r*pe is a r*pe no matter what and I don't get the victim blaming at all. Some people practice self harm quite publicly (also there can be drawn parallells to Britney) but why on earth do you want to kick someone who is down and trying in her own way to get back up on her feet? I just don't get it. 

Not victim blaming just the manner she goes about things. The more her projects are "unsuccessful" the more these allegations keep coming from her(over the decade). As a former user I believe anything is possible but especially when you try to sell that and monetize it. Her rise to fame started by admitting she had a **** problem and getting help so now that very success seems hinged to it. Her success seems hinged to new trouble and allegations...attention seeking but for her own personal gain not in the traditional sense. Her relevance now is based not of her work but every so often she's like...I was this and I was that and this happened to me...in an attempt to be in the headlines...Britney NEVER did that. SHE WORKED. Britney was always was launching major albums, records, singles, dolls, tours...perfumes...

I think it todays climate we need to start asking what people can prove and that's who Britney is. Britney doesn't want to be looked at as a victim unlike Demi who wants to base her career on it. 

I'd say just remember that Demi and her team tried to blame her **** dealer for lacing her ****** without acknowledging that the real problem was she was using ******.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block