Forbes: Britney earned $672 million yet her net worth is around $60 million

5 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

They have managed to cash in on Britney as if she were a deceased artist anyway, for years now. In fact many elements of her career feel post-humous. The fact we constantly miss and feel completely detached from a LIVING artist is an element unique to this fan base. 

I feel really compelled to listen to "Mona Lisa" today. I feel like it gives so much insight into Britney's awareness of the toxic people surrounding her and her position in society. And it isn't a letter we aren't sure she wrote, OR a song we aren't sure she sung, she actually rushed to radio to premiere it herself without permission from anybody.

😓😓😓

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Bundy said:

She earned 39.2 in 2001 alone! She already had over 100m in 2002.

Um, not exactly. For starters, there’s that $100 million bank account (“I’m rich, freakin’ rich. It’s crazy”) and the No. 1 spot on this year’s Forbes list of most powerful celebrities, ahead of Madonna, Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey. 

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-britneys-next-act-vol-58-no-10/

In early 2008, people magazine said that Britney still had an estimated 100m fortune

The trust where Britney Spears keeps most of her estimated $100 million fortune is out of her hands – and under the control of her brother and a lawyer, according to court documents released Thursday. And for 30-year-old Bryan Spears, that means keeping tabs on everything from cash to pay for medicine to money for her Starbucks runs.

https://people.com/crime/whos-in-charge-of-britney-spearss-money/

And after 2008 she had two more world tours, Las Vegas, X factor added to those 100 million.

3 hours ago, notacam***** said:

There's no way she earned over $600million from 2007 to 2016. These figures don't make sense. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

It said from the beginning of her career until 2016 

These are some earnings from Britney throughout her career, according to Forbes. If I'm not mistaken Forbes counts the earnings from mid to mid year each year. In 1999 it was probably from mid 1998 to mid 1999, but anyway 

1999 15 million

2000 38.5 million

2001 39.2 million

2002 - 2007 ? 

2008 35 million

2009 64 million

2010 10 million (some facebook page posted this amount for 2010 but I wasn't able to verify) 

2011 58 million

2012 24 million (Forbes estimated that even tho she wasn't on their list that year) 

2013 20 million (?) 

2014 31 millions 

2015 $30,500,000 million 

2016 34 million 

2017 - 2021? 

Not counting 2010 and 2013 bc I wasn't able to verify if Forbes really said those numbers those years and only counting the other years (10 years of her almost 23 years career), it already added to 369,2 million. 

This bc we don't even know how much she earned from 2002-2007 and other years post cship. 

9 hours ago, IconicShow said:

And hasn’t had any new cars in years she’s had the same cars forever 

She's also one of a few A list celebs who lives in a 7m mansion. She's in the same house since 2015. 

3 hours ago, MikeSim said:

Didn’t they say she about spent all her fortune during her breakdown? I remember reading she was on track to bankruptcy in 2007. This isn’t shocking since Toni Braxton, Mc Hammer and many other rich and famous people have found themselves in that situation after careless spending before. This all seems alittle too on the nose lol. Lou is really stupid to move everything in one big chunk haha 

This is a narrative that really started to justify the cship and say Jamie saved her, her career and fortune. Right after Britney lost all her rights, people magazine said she had an estimated 100m fortune. The SJB trust exists since 2004 so there's the money on the trust and on her estate. In late 2005 on a Elle magazine story cover it said she had over 123 million, there's no way she spent half of it in just two years when even in 2007 she was reportedly getting more than 700k a month. 

I am going to go out on a stretch and say they're lying about her financials and there has to be money stashed somewhere in interest bearing accounts and investments. There is no way her estate is only worth that much.

My other guess is, she could've just had bad deals, was bad with money and she had a lot of people she was employing as well. Her manager got god knows how much of her money as a percentage and then taxes are a *****.. That's the only thing I can think of.. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh: Michael Jackson was in so much debt due to not being the smartest with his money as well.. But Britney always seemed frugal so this has me stumped a bit.. 

8 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I'd love for them to try and chalk it up to Britney's spending habits.

The girl who's constantly wearing the same clothes and shops at Target.

THISSSSS. 

7 hours ago, notacam***** said:

There's no way she earned over $600million from 2007 to 2016. These figures don't make sense. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

This is from 1997 to 2018 I would suppose. She has made over 200 million dollars post-2007 alone, I believe right @Bundy?

3 hours ago, Bundy said:

This bc we don't even know how much she earned from 2002-2007 and other years post cship.

In 2004, she was the highest paid celebrity that year with 60 million dollars. So if we add that, she is already 400 million. So if we are able to find the numbers of 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006, she should be over 600 million by then.