That album your fave artists should've NEVER released

It’s got some good songs, but I think overall “Lust for Life” by Lana was a bit of a flop. It had its toe dipped sort of in the pop pool but never really went all in. It just is very disjointed and gives me motion sickness. I will always Stan 13 beaches & Change however.

so yeah I said what I said. If you got something to say, at me so I can see it 💅

8 hours ago, patr!ckjean said:

Britney Spears - even though on paper Britney Jean is the obvious answer, I actually think Circus shouldn’t have been released... or at least not at the time it was. It’s my favorite Britney album, but I have a hard time believing it was good for Britney to be shoved into the spotlight in such a huge way SO quickly after 2007-early 08. Had she been given time to appropriately just really stop and breathe, I feel like she would have really benefited from that. 

Selena Gomez - Rare. It’s got some bops, but homegirl really doesn’t seem to care about her music career or image as a “serious performer” at this point, no matter what she might say (see LYTLM performance as exhibit A)

Christina Aguilera - Lotus. It’s just... very bland and has aged like milk IMO. 

Madonna - MDNA. It has a few moments (see Falling Free, Masterpiece, & Love Spent) but largely its a big ol’ generic mess. 

honorable mentions: Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato, Unapologetic by Rihanna, Witness by Katy Perry, and A.K.A. by Jennifer Lopez

I the same thought about Circus the other day. Like had Britney been given time to mentally recuperate after what happened in early '08 and Circus had been released in early '09 (with a Womanizer performance or video premiering during like the 2008 AMAs) then maybe she would  have gotten 50/50 custody of her kids back sooner, and maybe, just maybe the c-ship wouldn't have been a thing in the first place. Just a random thing I think about sometimes.

Personally if I was MJ I never would've released HIStory. You Are Not Alone didn't age well considering who wrote it, Stranger In Moscow flopped in the US, and They Don't Care About Us received a ton of backlash. Not to mention that pretty much all of the other songs on the record minus Scream and Earth Song were underwhelming as hell. It's a stain on his legacy.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block