BTS explains to fans why they think they didn't win at the Grammys

12 hours ago, ivobb said:

I’m probably gonna be attacked, but let’s like think about BTS are they that talented? Lady Gaga writes and sings, LIVE 

Yeah but the song was huge in terms of global commercial performance, for that alone they should have swept the category in my opinion, but as we saw with the Blinding Lights snub, sales don't seem to matter to the grammys. Which naturally begs the question... what does matter? Apparently the outcome is a result of a more arbitrary and political selection process. I have a hunch that talent has about as much to do with the winner as sales does, which is zero. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Ok all these artists need to chill. It’s ok to lose. Not everybody will always win. 

yes- corruption, ***ism and racism need to get fixed. But it’s also totally possible for artists to just lose. I feel like everybody is expecting to always win. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think Dynamite is not their best song and they can do better. Hopefully next year.

Dynamite has been a global phenomenon but it requires a loot of time to really achieve that recognition in the US. The guys are very talented and are making a difference promoting their culture around the world.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Cal Prater said:

I don't know who all needs to hear this, but kpop will NEVER be adopted into the homes or culture of the everyday American. Respect the hustle, but...

its not going to happen rachel mcadams GIF

Well back in the day, many people told Emilio Estefan (if you know who he is) that latin music would never be a success in the US... Look at the situation now. So I would not be so sure, history may repeat itself.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Except that they are talented. They can sing, they can actually dance, they write their own music, and they serve visuals.

Where do they write their own music or have their own ideias for visuals? You know the kpop industry is like conservatorship to kpop stars 

5 hours ago, ivobb said:

Where do they write their own music or have their own ideias for visuals? You know the kpop industry is like conservatorship to kpop stars 

There's plenty of K-Pop groups that write and produce their own music and even choreograph their own dances, and it's slowly but surely becoming more and more common. While BTS don't write all of their songs, they are still very involved in their work (the 3 rappers tend to write all of their raps themselves and even have their own self-written and self-produced mixtapes). In fact, the whole idea behind their latest album was that it was self-produced in many ways. Obviously, many other writers are credited, but if the B-Army praises Britney for being the executive producer of Blackout, then we can praise BTS for doing the same thing and more. They were even involved in directing the MV and overseeing the photoshoots. They are clearly very talented, and you shouldn't downplay that based on some loose knowledge you have of the K-Pop industry. Things are changing. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

(G)I-DLE, one of the biggest Korean girl groups right now, are another example. These are the credits of their latest EP:

idle.png

The highlighted credits are from the members of the group, and it's not just lyrics either. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 5

Whether they should have won or not you can decide on your own. RM didn’t actually mean that this is the reason they didn’t win lmao. He said it to mean they will work and try harder. Suga and everyone else literally commented on it saying they will just have to work harder.

Also Not people in here claiming BTS doesn’t write or produce their own music. Please do a quick google search first before you say such nonsense. They write 99% of their music and also compose/produce. Map of the Soul:7 was 99% written by RM. BE, their latest album, was written, composed by them, their entire aesthetic self directed and the music video directed by one of their own members, Jungkook. They also write and compose their own mixtapes. Dynamite is one of the only songs that wasn’t written by them and that’s why there was such a controversy within the fandom.

You can say the stans overreacted (which they did, it was uncalled for), without trashing their artistry or spinning their words and making up lies.

• Love 4

I must admit, alot of the winners are the performers on the show, or sitting in the front row.

However, I don't think the hate for the other artists is necessary at all. 

Fans are great but some of them are just loons and take things too seriously.

Gaga, next time you do a duet please make sure its rubbish so you don't win next time - Thank you.

• Haha 1

Maybe, just maybe! ROM deserved the award because its a a better song that came at the right time when a bit of joy was needed, brought together two high calibre artists in what was a return to form for one, and new territory for the other, and went number one.

What did BTS do to deserve the award? Dynamite sold well, but frankly, its Cant Stop The Feeling 2.0. A cute, generic song and nothing more and the only reason people are talking about their loss is because their fans went crazy, and hating on the grammy's this year was popular because artists who did nothing worth rewarding didn't get rewarded.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block