BTS explains to fans why they think they didn't win at the Grammys

• Leader

BTS lost the Grammy for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance to Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.

They're under the impression it's because they didn't appear in person at the show. It's worth pointing out neither did Gaga or Ari.

BTW, their fans went absolutely nuts at Gaga. It was uncalled for.

The band's lead member RM said this:

"The reason we weren't able to win is, I think many of you probably expect this, but we took it as them telling us to come and get the award in person," he said.

"I saw a lot of articles saying we 'failed' to get the award, but I don't think it's a fail since we were able to perform for the first time as nominees. I don't think it's a failure but let's look at the positive side; we were nominated for the first time and did our first solo performance."

Thoughts, Exhale? :surejan:

Related:

bts-grammy.jpg.d67d5971c0c85d885724bb4d3f7f906a.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators

I think you spinned their words in a negative way. They simply meant they were not discouraged by the loss, and that there were still opportunities in the future. The Asian culture just isn't the same as the Western culture, where it's normal and acceptable to shade others.

• Like 7

Are they really talking as if they SHOULD have won? To me, that doesn't sound like something BTS would say/do... They are very polite.

Gaga and Ariana's collaboration was a cultural reset. Period. So of course they won.

13 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I think you spinned their words in a negative way. They simply meant they were not discouraged by the loss, and that there were still opportunities in the future. The Asian culture just isn't the same as the Western culture, where it's normal and acceptable to shade others.

Asian culture is SUPER competitive, though. They do NOT take fails lightly.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I literally don't think them winning was a big deal. The song is good but it's just a pop song, why are people trying to twist it into something it's not? They were nominated for one category and lost. Susan Lucci, anyone? For a generation of artists who say awards don't matter people really place a lot of emotion onto losing one award. I mean, BTS themselves are so humble and seem kind, but the media and fandoms are going bezerk.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block