• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

https://www.insider.com/why-meditation-can-be-bad-2018-3

There’s about a million better things you could do with your time than meditate :typing_keyboard_computer:

Experience of only 60 people and it's only one study? Let me laugh :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:  It doesn't make anything be confirmed by science. It has to have multiple confirmed studies. It's true that mediation can make some issues WHEN you already have some type of mental issues, u have to talk to your doctor and ask him if u can meditate. 

It's true that meditation made me realize some things about myself, for example, how unhappy I really was in the past/I am but is it a bad thing? No

Okay, so I'll share my experience with meditation.

I started meditate in summer '19, ended after 3 months cause school started and it was honestly exhausting to meditate at that time, I also had bad attitude towards that - it made me so angry when I couldn't have focused on my breath during meditation, it became a struggle so I stopped. Benefits after that time? I noticed that I needed less time for sleeping, when someone/something tried to scare me I just reacted to it with total calmness - it didn't scare me at all, my heart just didn't beat fast lol. I'd say these two benefits faded away sometime after I stopped meditating. Because of that meditation I've been able to control my mind, thoughts a little bit easier, I've started to care less about u know some things but I obviously had like 94843839434 mental breakdowns after that. Things has started to be just a little BIT easier. 

Soo I've started to meditate again, 2 weeks now and so far it made me realize how unhappy I really was/I am. It kinda made me care less about some things. It's just easier to let go, to accept that life isn't fair. I have stopped daydreaming, I have stopped wanting someone to love/to love me. I honestly just don't care about it. I will be with someone because of love, not because of loneliness. (but i still like p rn haha) I feel like I care more about myself now. I'm more present tbh but honestly past few days life felt like I was kinda absent, idk how to explain it. But it was that time when I realized how horrible I really felt in the past. Maybe it's kinda like a detox. 

But everyone is different so same things, different experiences

Yes.

I meditate daily for 10 mins. It has helped with my anxiety a lot(even though that wasn't the reason i started in the first place)

There are lot of ways to meditate and there is not one definition of why/how it helps.

Meditation really helped with my thought processes. It really gave me a bigger perspective on my self. It really is something that should be experienced personally especially when you lose the touch of yourself in this digital age. There was even a point when it brought me back to my childhood days when i was carefree and my mind was not consumed by my phone or mental chatter.  Now i know why a particular thought process is happening and if i can control it or not. It even helped to remember my dreams more for some reason.

There are a lot of studies that says mediate actually helps

https://www.psypost.org/2019/07/mindfulness-meditation-training-may-help-people-unlearn-fearful-responses-54056

https://www.psypost.org/2020/12/meditation-practices-enhance-top-down-ability-to-control-attention-study-finds-58723

https://www.psypost.org/2019/12/just-10-minutes-of-mindfulness-meditation-can-improve-verbal-learning-and-memory-processes-study-finds-54979

https://www.psypost.org/2019/08/psilocybin-assisted-mindfulness-meditation-linked-to-brain-connectivity-changes-and-persisting-positive-effects-54256

42 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

How do u meditate?

Cause I only try to focus on my breath during meditation. I've never tried anything different. 

That is the most efficient, important and popular way. And as you said it helped you, so it's good.:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

In sitting there is body scan, focusing only on sounds methods etc. You can refer to apps like Calm and Headspace for that.

There are even walking meditation, eating meditation which basically all comes down to how mindful you are while doing a certain activity. When you're walking you would be lost in a thought or when you're eating you would be lost in a TV show. So all these mediation basically tells you to be mindful and be aware of what you're doing.

I know Calm has walking meditation idk about the rest.

There are even classes for this. Even Yoga is form of a meditation or meditation is a form of yoga. We're basically being mindful.

Again this is one form of Walking Meditation. 

Rest comes down to you, do you prefer guided meditation or non guided or don't mind any of it. 

Personally i started with guided and after getting the gist now i mostly do without any guide.

Archived