Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Exhale,

I know that this is primarily a pop forum, but I know that most of us enjoy different music genres. I recently rediscovered The Pretty Reckless, and their most recent album, Death By Rock And Roll, released last month, has reawakened my love of their music and Taylor Momsen's voice. Having played their first record, Light Me Up, on loop back in 2010 when it first came out, I initially couldn't believe how different Momsen had become. Now, more than a decade later, I've come to appreciate and respect her even more for pursuing her passion.

My favorites are Make Me Wanna Die, Miss Nothing, My Medicine, Just Tonight, Since You're Gone, Factory Girl, You, Follow Me Down, Going To Hell, Heaven Knows, Why'd You Bring A Shotgun To The Party, Death By Rock And Roll, Only Love Can Save Me Now, And So It Went, 25, My Bones, Rock And Roll Heaven & Harley Darling

Also, RIP to Jenny Humphrey, who Momsen confirmed "died of suicide with a candle burning in her eye" in her lyric video to Death By Rock And Roll images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrb9B3_SqHDqS9P8MSfNuJennyHumphrey.jpg :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip: 

 

Any fans of The Pretty Reckless, Taylor Momsen here? tumblr_msbfjeA2hz1r3yf3ro1_500.gif

 

pretty-reckless-death-by-rock-slide.jpeg.3e07e03525b6f5eec6fe0508cee6de02.jpeg

  • Like 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Exhale, I know that this is primarily a pop forum, but I know that most of us enjoy different music genres. I recently rediscovered The Pretty Reckless, and their most recent album, Death By

I’ve been playing My Bones on repeat. She would’ve been a legend if she were around in the 80’s-90’s. She’s improved vocally so much and this last album is already among my favorites released this yea

Yay! TPR are amazing. Taylor Momsen deserves so much more credit for her vocal talent... My favourites are: My Medicine,  Absolution Blame Me Burn Devils Back and 01

Posted Images

Omg!!!! :enigma_alien_blue:i seeeeeee you

 crazy With that ROCK AND ROLL SONG. 
:smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow: SOMEBODY MIXED NY MEDICINE :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

WELL YOU HURT WHERE YOU SLEEP AND YOU SLEEP WHERE YOU LIEEEE :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: NOW YOURE IN DEEP AND NOW YOURE GONNA CRY GOT A MAN TO HIS LEFT AND GIRL TO HIS RIGHT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: you start to sweat so hold me tight cuz somebody mixed my MEDICINE :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: I DONT KNWO WHAT IM ON

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: there’s a tiger in the room and  :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair: a baby in the closet. Pour another drink mom I don’t even want it 

 

 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Omg!!!! :enigma_alien_blue:i seeeeeee you

 crazy With that ROCK AND ROLL SONG. 
:smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow: SOMEBODY MIXED NY MEDICINE :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

WELL YOU HURT WHERE YOU SLEEP AND YOU SLEEP WHERE YOU LIEEEE :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: NOW YOURE IN DEEP AND NOW YOURE GONNA CRY GOT A MAN TO HIS LEFT AND GIRL TO HIS RIGHT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: you start to sweat so hold me tight cuz somebody mixed my MEDICINE :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: I DONT KNWO WHAT IM ON

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: there’s a tiger in the room and  :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair: a baby in the closet. Pour another drink mom I don’t even want it 

 

 

Taste :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post

Yay! TPR are amazing. Taylor Momsen deserves so much more credit for her vocal talent...

My favourites are:

My Medicine, 

Absolution

Blame Me

Burn

Devils Back

and 01:10-01:13 of Already Dead parted the oceans!

Link to post
36 minutes ago, femmefatoole said:

Yay! TPR are amazing. Taylor Momsen deserves so much more credit for her vocal talent...

My favourites are:

My Medicine, 

Absolution

Blame Me

Burn

Devils Back

and 01:10-01:13 of Already Dead parted the oceans!

I’ve been playing My Bones on repeat. She would’ve been a legend if she were around in the 80’s-90’s. She’s improved vocally so much and this last album is already among my favorites released this year!

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post

I’ve heard some of their stuff a while ago but I only remember Make me wanna die... I absolutely love that song!  Gretchen Fetch GIF by Mean Girls 

I read they released something recently but then forgot  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Thank you for the reminder, i’ll check it out ASAP :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

Link to post
8 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I loved their first album

:kfed_kevin_federline_popozao_jamming_dancing:

I was obsessed with medicine, miss nothing, just tonight  and  you. 

I recommend listening to their newest album! It reminded me of their first album :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
13 minutes ago, ClumsySpice said:

I’ve heard some of their stuff a while ago but I only remember Make me wanna die... I absolutely love that song!  Gretchen Fetch GIF by Mean Girls 

I read they released something recently but then forgot  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Thank you for the reminder, i’ll check it out ASAP :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

You won’t regret it! I even bought a vinyl I was so impressed and love the album art 

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Exhale+
20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I recommend listening to their newest album! It reminded me of their first album :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! looking it up as we speak

:awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

Link to post

Been a fan since make me wanna die . Their music is just magical and addictive . I always find myself going back and listening to their music in my car . I didn't enjoy who you selling for that much even though oh my god and hangman are great. 

 

My favs

Absolution , make me wanna die , goin down , light me up  , just tonight , miss nothing , Why'd you bring a shotgun to the party . And so much more . 

Their new album gives me light me up vibes and so far I'm loving it . Taylor has So much incredible potential and I wish there would be just a pinch of more recognition for her and the band . 

 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

ALWAYS a fan of her dark eye makeup & her gothic aesthetic.  A true style queen. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

I’m glad she’s surpassed a decade long musical career. Not many are able to consistently deliver each album and she’s a natural beauty with or without the makeup :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block