Why hasn’t Apple & Spotify replaced the old version of Love Story with Taylor’s version in ‘This Is’ and ‘Essentials’ playlists?

• 1 month later...

Apple Music has removed original recordings from Fearless album from Taylor’s Essentials playlist and replaced them with Taylor’s Versions 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I know it’s a small thing but I am super happy about this. It’s a small step towards getting people to stop listening to Shooter Braun’s versions  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MeNowAlways said:

Apple Music has removed original recordings from Fearless album from Taylor’s Essentials playlist and replaced them with Taylor’s Versions 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I know it’s a small thing but I am super happy about this. It’s a small step towards getting people to stop listening to Shooter Braun’s versions  

Slightly random but I came across a new Spotify playlist the other day called ‘relaxed 2000s’ or something along those lines and they included the original Fifteen and Love Story (and not Taylor’s Versions).

13 hours ago, MeNowAlways said:

Scooter doesn’t even own them anymore! lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54969396

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

Scooter doesn’t even own them anymore! lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54969396

He still makes a profit, and he only sold them cos he knew his catalog was dead..

As a songwriter he had to legally ask Taylor and other songwriters to use the songs in movies, tv ads and other promotional things. He did own the masters at one point, but what he doesn't is the intellectual copyrights that belongs to Taylor swift, so in legal terms cos he always had to ask for approval, she 🐔 blocked every time, making his masters not good, so he sold them cos the investment in her catalog was never going to make a profit for him, and he realized this when she sold her versions of love story and wildest dreams, basically killing the original albums and making them financially worthless in his eyes.

He sold them cos ot became a bad investment for him.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block