Britney’s most hyped/eventful lead single?

Lorenzo

Britney’s most hyped/eventful lead single  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since I only became a fan in 2018 and I’ve never experienced a Britney era as a stan, I’ve been wondering which one of Britney’s lead singles was the biggest event upon release and had the most hype surrounding it in your opinion? I feel like it could be any of them from Oops up until Hold It Against Me for different reasons. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You became a fan in 2018? Allrightie, let me educate you. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Womanizer is my answer. They promoted it as THE comeback of the year. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: It started with the VMA's 2008 and winning all the awards, the GMA performances (that was also extremely hyped), the other promo performances, and ofcourse the doc 'For The Record' etc.

VMA's

britney-spears-poses-in-the-press-room-a

GMAon ha Bday (i think it was also the releasedate of Circus)

Britney-Spears-Performs-ABC-Good-Morning

BAMBI awards

e-Yrzt-Sf-CF62ogie-MQ964p-i8y-Gj-Lwz-MU6

And ofcourse the Xfactor

article-1091037-02-A478-AF000005-DC-47-4

Can you imagine this was Britney only 7 months before? :

britney-spears-bondage.jpg

Schermafbeelding-2021-03-13-om-16-18-42.

All of her lead singles have been hyped/eventful. Literally everyone wants to know what she’s going to do next. I’d say MM was probably more mature sounding but it wasn’t a great lead single and never really brought anything to Glory. The only hype was the whole music video fiasco. Every other song has had a massive hype though 

If Britney does come back to music all I can say is... the hype will be bigger than 2008 imo!! 

1 hour ago, kleinbritney said:

Definitely Womanizer. The video ran for one hour in a row in Europe. And the promotional appearances were all across Europe within a few days

Didn’t a German channel play the Womanizer video on repeat for a few hours?

1 hour ago, Danielle1987 said:

The hype was SO INTENSE within the fandom! I lived for the teasers that we were fed for THIRTEEN days! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:
I still remember just how happy the excitement of it all made me feel.

Absolutely love the trailer series. I might not be a big fan of the video, but the hype was through the roof on Exhale at the time. Maybe just behind the infamous desert performance a bit

Tbt I don’t remember hype for womaniser as much for HIAM.. 

britney personal life was one front at that time unlike pre femme fatale period.. 

i wasnt on fan-forums and maybe I missed something but HIAM time I remember all these teasers, Breaking iTunes and radio records and things like that 

I think oops should be more hyped but I can’t say anything from that period sadly

I would say Oops or Womanizer 

For Womanizer the expectation was just too high, people leaking fake demos, then the little snippet TMZ leaked, it premiered a Friday morning, I still remembered I listened before going to college, it was amazing, and then when the video dropped, it was like "she is back!" :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Archived