Britney’s most hyped/eventful lead single?

Lorenzo

Britney’s most hyped/eventful lead single  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Slave 4 U 

She just released 2 enormous huge albums, last time she broke records with first weeks etc, I think that expecially after the VMAs with the snake all eyes were on her! 

After Oops era literally everyone knew who she was, she was #1 at that point in music industry for sure

30 minutes ago, BartBritney said:

Still giving me goosebumps...😍❤️

I was freaking out! 

I just read the comments and it’s pretty cool to see everyone so hyped up about it. Strangely though, there were a bunch of comments all dissing Blackout, Gimme More and Piece of Me. 

As a newer fan, I don’t know how people initially responded to Blackout. Did it achieve cult status later on?

The hype for Womanizer was indescribable. It eclipsed any excitement for any Britney project I can remember as being a lifelong fan. I was a freshman in high school when womanizer came out, and I swear to god the entire school was hyped for Womanizer. The radio stations once the song dropped played it every 40 minutes. It was number one on KIIS FM and Z100 (the US’ two biggest radio stations) for at least a month and I’m not exaggerating (I voted daily). Then the video came out and it quite singlehandedly brought Britney back to her throne. She was EVERYWHERE. That three month period of promo in between Womanizer release and album release week was nothing short of pure ecstasy as a fan. Especially to see Britney come back out on top so effortlessly. I remember Hits Daily Double predicted 200K+ debut for US sales, then it shot up to 350K, and she blew that out of the water with 505K. (US only). Brings me chills to this day thinking back. 

Gimme More, Womanizer and HIAM were all very hype. Slave was premiered on VMAs but it was the last performance and late and tbh most people didn't like the song that much compared to Britney's previous work. I think Slave hurt the entire "Britney" era tbh because it was ahead of its time and also overtly ***ual sounding for Britney and her still young fan base at the time. The "Britney" album has aged well, tho - I like it more now than I did then.

Oops I do it again was the most hyped

Released in 2000 it was all over the place 

This was Britney’s first single off her sophomore album and made the album sell a record breaking 1.3 million copies in its first week a record Britney held for many years!

The choreography and music video are Iconic

Most the fans and GP know of Oops

Iconic VMA performance of Oops

Britney was peaking and slaying it was the most hyped and till this day next to BOMT and Slave one of the most iconic lead singles in her catalogue 

The oops era was very iconic and the song was performed more than most of her other lead singles aside from BOMT  when it came to promotional performances and interviews 

I think Womanizer was hyped but its perception among GP might have been overshadowed by the context of Britney's personal issues.

Like "oh, she's back already after all that stuff and seems to be doing fine? Good for her". People still like this song but it seems to be kind of forgotten when compared to her other hits like Oops, Baby or Toxic.

Whereas Oops was instantly iconic and it was referenced all the time in so many movies, songs... It still is actually. 

20 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

The hype was SO INTENSE within the fandom! I lived for the teasers that we were fed for THIRTEEN days! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:
I still remember just how happy the excitement of it all made me feel.

1:45 did Britney invented face masks?

Also I agree with HIAM, too bad the single didn't live to its hype

I’d day Oops!... I Did It Again as it was the first single to come out after the Baby One More time era and there was a lot of pressure on Britney to see if she could replicate the success of the first album and particularly the debut single. There was just a lot of anticipation and Britney at that time was just going from strength to strength so a lot of hype. 

Also, Womanizer was a big one as it was her “comeback” single and again a lot of hype and speculation around it in terms of what the  song would sound like and if she still had what it took to deliver a hit single. 

19 hours ago, BartBritney said:

Still giving me goosebumps...😍❤️

I was freaking out! 

I would go on and say I feel so lucky and happy I was able to experience this as a fan, I was already in the "forum world", and the fanbase excitement was something that I will always remember, it was joyous :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Archived