Random hotel worker on Reddit complains about Barbra Streisand, but praises Britney Spears

PokemonSpears

So I came across this thread on Reddit, and I was like, it'd be funny if someone mentions Britney, and there it was, second comment.

i've met lots of celebrities due to my job and where i've worked, most are just normal people.

one that does stand out to me though is barbara streisand. she was staying in a hotel i used to work at and wanted a set of small steps leading up to her bed to be made so her dog could get up there. she also wanted a fresh roll of turf brought everyday for her dog to piss/**** on.

on the flipside though britney spears is an utter sweetheart who comes across like she just wants peace and to be left alone. she used to like having flowers delivered to her room so she could make displays etc. they were pretty good

Queen of flowers

Well, I don't really know if the comments on Barbra are supposed to be negative or just neutral :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, this one is sadder

I'm gonna copy paste one of my previous comments because it sort of fits. I once made a drink for Britney Spears at Starbucks (6 or 7 years ago?) and the experience left us all thinking she was an entitled diva...but with the info that's come out in the last couple years, I realize we had it all wrong.

I was on bar that day and I remember glancing into the lobby and thinking, "Huh, that chick looks like Britney Spears, only older and skinnier." She was gorgeous but looked drawn and thin, I thought maybe hungover or partied way too hard, wearing this denim miniskirt, platform heels, a fringe halter top, and smeared dark eyeliner. I reached for my next cup and in sharpie it said "B̶r̶i̶t̶ Dave," and I was like, hmmmm...so anyway I make the drink. Britney is standing with her arms crossed tightly over her chest, looking at the floor, very standoffish. I call out the drink for "Dave," she stares at it, reaches for it, then draws her hand back to her arms crossed position, some dude picks it up and hands it to her, and they leave.

I catch my coworker on register and say "Was that..." and she automatically begins recounting her experience...which was that when she said "Hi! What can I get for you?" the bodyguard said "Brit, what are you having?" Though she was right in front of my coworker, she gave her order to her bodyguards (apparently there were two), and although my coworker could hear it perfectly, the bodyguard repeated it. When coworker went to write her name on the cup (which was standard and enforced at all times at my store), bodyguard held up his hand and said "Excuse me, do not write her name on the cup. It's Dave. My name's Dave."

So that explains the crossed-out name. My coworker was irritated because it was like she was invisible, had addressed Britney directly (because she was at the counter), had clearly heard the order, had written down the exact name the dude addressed her by, but it was like (she felt) she wasn't good enough to have direct contact with her so she had to have some sort of middle man when they were two feet apart.

Now that I've heard about how little advocacy Britney has over her entire life, I'm completely second-guessing my initial reaction to the experience. It seems entirely plausible now that she wasn't permitted to interact with anybody during that outing. Extremely sad.

Barbra's demands don't sound particularly bothersome, though. I mean yeah the steps thing is weird although the staff could've just run down to Home Depot and bought ready-made steps for her dog. They were going to be paid/tipped anyway so it seems petty for them to complain about it.

Archived