50 Cent's In Da Club Randomly got a Proper 4k Remaster. Why can't Britney's videos?

forefortifive

So months ago, 50 Cent's Smash hit got a 4k remaster. Not an upscale, but genuine rescanning of the original 35mm film.

if you're wondering, this is what it used to look like

What gets properly remastered and what gets only upscaled seems to be random. For Whitney, why Greatest love of alll and not Dance with Somebody.

For Madonna, Hung Up First, but what about her iconic 80s hits?

Sadly, Britney got unlucky with all her videos being only being upscales...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RCA is a terrible and cheap label first of all. Second who’s gonna pay for it if RCA isn’t gonna give a ****? Britney doesn’t have any money and she doesn’t even really care about these types of things, her team loves the nostalgia factor but don’t invest as you can see with the cheap “remasters”. Who knows maybe in another 20 years actually upscaling won’t be so expensive and by the time we get to like 10-20k quality they’ll finally upscale it to 1080p and they’ll be behind everyone else again💀

3 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

RCA is a terrible and cheap label first of all. Second who’s gonna pay for it if RCA isn’t gonna give a ****? Britney doesn’t have any money and she doesn’t even really care about these types of things, her team loves the nostalgia factor but don’t invest as you can see with the cheap “remasters”. Who knows maybe in another 20 years actually upscaling won’t be so expensive and by the time we get to like 10-20k quality they’ll finally upscale it to 1080p and they’ll be behind everyone else again💀

I would think that Britney do care about things like this. She always puts a lot into her music videos so to me it wouldn’t make sense for her not to care about her videos afterwards. I would think it has something to do with her awful label and the fact that “the people who care about her” have stolen her entire fortune... 

8 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

I think it's RCA's fault and laziness

4 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

To be fair 50cent is also getting those messy upscale "remasters"

Reveal hidden contents

However that 4k scan of in da club is truly amazing, better than many old tv-series that are getting 4k treatment. I WISH RCA will do that to at least her biggest hit toxic and her newest videos :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

It’s not RCA, it’s Sony Music which is probably behind those remasters. I found those remasters way before they got uploaded on Tidal last year or on YT this year. (RCA is under Sony Music Entertainment).

Don’t believe they will this year (or the next year) remaster in 4K with the original films, it’s too expensive to re-edit everything and it’s pointless to them because it will not generates too much of profits.

You can have pretty good upscales if you upscale from ProRes Masters or even from DVD sources. But they just used the compressed composite masters, sharpened and blurred them by exporting the video in 1080p, so it’s not even a true upscale.

Archived