The new Super straight is basically another way to be transphobic

Spicechinodiva

The fact this guy, basically said I'm super straight and will only date real women, if that's not transphobic, than I don't know what is. 

Newsflash, if they have that surgery, most don't,  but some actually do like the surgery, you wouldn't even know that they used to be a man. 

Jazz Jennings is a prime example of this case, if I didn't know her background,  I would have thought she was a girl.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's freakin' stupid. I think preferences are fine (yes, even for race) as long as you're not an A-hole about it. For example, going around and talking about how you'd NEVER date a person of X identity/race/whatever is highly questionable. As for trans people, there's quite a few valid reasons not to date a trans person (fertility, genitalia, etc.), but you gotta go back to my previous point. Also, a lot of these people clearly don't find trans people valid and don't see them as real men/women, which is where the biggest issue lies. You can just come out and say that you're transphobic. No need to sugarcoat it by calling it a preference when your preference is transphobia. :trash_throw_away_recycle: Lastly, the majority of the videos I've seen are a clear mockery of the LGBT community, which makes this whole thing even sadder and more pathetic. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

18 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Also, I didn't come up with this, but their flag literally uses the Grindr color scheme:

Super-Straight-Falg.gif

How super straight of the super straights. :explainlol_stare_spin:

They're so straight, they don't know a thing about Grindr. 

As a woman, I have no idea what colors Grindr uses, too. ... So yeah, that's plausible, but this is funny. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:10 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

The fact this guy, basically said I'm super straight and will only date real women, if that's not transphobic, than I don't know what is. 

Newsflash, if they have that surgery, most don't,  but some actually do like the surgery, you wouldn't even know that they used to be a man. 

Jazz Jennings is a prime example of this case, if I didn't know her background,  I would have thought she was a girl.

“...I would have thought she was a girl.”

this is part of the problem, darling. She IS a girl. Transphobia stems from people not seeing a trans woman as a real woman or a trans man as a real man. I appreciate the thread but you’ve got some learning curves of your own.

Just now, ChromaticaGlory said:

What the...? :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: That basically confirms that those straights are not okay, lol

It long was confirmed with me when i saw another r/arethestraightsOK post saying that man being excited for cooking, instead of war and conquest is gay, and here is me who wants to pursue a career in culinary. At this point, we need to book a trip to the sun for these people :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

If you like men, you are gay :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

If you dont like men, that means you AREN'T gay and whatever "feminine trait" according to the society or no toxic masculinity can change that, why is it hard for people to comprehend this? :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

I think it's okay to have a general sense of preference but at the same time, I truly believe love is love and someone can come along and sweep us off our feet. 

Maybe that sounds too Disney lol but I consider myself straight but who am I to say I would/could never fall in love with a woman? I don't know that. nobody does. Love and connection can happen to anyone with anyone. 

Archived