Selena Gomez says she didn't watch Framing Britney out of solidarity for Britney

One can’t help but think of Britney Spears, whose lifetime of overexposure, not to mention her ongoing legal battle for autonomy, recently came up for review in the documentary, “Framing Britney Spears.” Spears was the first artist Gomez saw live in concert; Gomez’s rhythmic vocal flourishes can be traced back to Spears, who in turn, enjoys dancing to Gomez’s songs on Instagram. Out of solidarity for Spears, Gomez declined to watch the documentary.

“I’ve seen so much, and it feels violating for me to watch something like that,” says Gomez. “I couldn’t even imagine. I have nothing but sympathy for her, and I’m happy as long as she is healthy and happy.”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2021-03-11/selena-gomez-revelacion-spanish-language-record

:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Bundy said:

“I’ve seen so much, and it feels violating for me to watch something like that,” says Gomez. “I couldn’t even imagine. I have nothing but sympathy for her, and I’m happy as long as she is healthy and happy.”

Imo, this is just excuse not to talk about it.   

Just another way to  avoid the most important issue, her Cship...  the other one is to concentrate only on the media...  Although I'm really glad they mention the documentary at all.

53 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Imo, this is just excuse not to talk about it.   

Just another way to  avoid the most important issue, her Cship...  the other one is to concentrate only on the media...  Although I'm really glad they mention the documentary at all.

Even Cardi B did more mentioning the doc while talking about mental health and she never said she was a fan like Selena always said 

She should have kept her mouth shut, this is the same **** Kelly Rowland tried to say :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: the fact she doesn't even want to talk about all the abuse Britney endured in her whole life and career but loves to talk about her mental health speak volumes how much of a fake fan she's.

I wouldn't call her a "fake fan" just because she didn't watch the documentary. She's got a perspective most fans can't identify with and that's the celebrity status and constant criticism from every outlet on earth. Perhaps she thinks it's invasive because it digs up parts of Britney's history she'd rather not relive. It's gotta be traumatic for Britney to watch clips of the stuff she's been through herself. 

Selena would feel the same way if she went through that and had a documentary on her. There are different ways to show support, and that's hers :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

8 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

I wouldn't call her a "fake fan" just because she didn't watch the documentary. She's got a perspective most fans can't identify with and that's the celebrity status and constant criticism from every outlet on earth. Perhaps she thinks it's invasive because it digs up parts of Britney's history she'd rather not relive. It's gotta be traumatic for Britney to watch clips of the stuff she's been through herself. 

Selena would feel the same way if she went through that and had a documentary on her. There are different ways to show support, and that's hers :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

it would be understandable if the documentary was only like those gossipy tv shows VH1 used to make that didn't really bring anything to the table, or like that horrible Lifetime biopic, but when it's something that is actually bringing attention to an ongoing situation where Britney hasn't had any help, precisely because everyone decided to look the other way "out of respect" for 13 years, I think the least she could do is watch it before speaking up.

I mean, it's clear she hasn't even watched the interviews with the creators of the documentary, I think that's what people need to see first if they're hesitant to watch the doc. 

All those “A” list celeb. are so afraid of make some kind of statement about the doc or cship cause they don’t want to be in the wrong side of the story, we know for sure that Britney is the victim here but there are not any real proof yet about that, is an intelligent move not to take a side right now being a celeb but in the other hand is kinda disappointing see how all of they (specially girls like Gaga, Beyoncé, Madonna, etc...) don’t rise their voice about Britney’s situation. 

It's perfectly understandable! We, as fans, think we know everything that is to know about this. And we maybe know a little bit more the most, cause we follow every day. But not everyone do the same. 

Selena, Miley and others are just not comfortable talking about Britney's mental health when Britney herself hasn't yet publicly spoken about it. Good or bad, "Framing Britney" is just another case of midia talking about Britney's life without her consent. I can see why other artists would be cautious about it.

Archived