What's your biggest money lesson you are learning or have learned?

• Leader

I used to tell myself that money was evil. And then I would wonder why I didn't have any of it. I've had to listen to countless hours of podcasts and watch that many more YT videos to reframe my thinking. Also, relying on BH to make ends meet all these years was... rough. I'm so much happier now that I am working for a company that I really love. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

For me it’s been realizing not to be afraid of making more money and being really successful. Wealth was so foreign to me, and I guess I was just unfamiliar with it. My family grew up very poor and that bread the thought of envy, passive jealousy and looking down at those who had more than me and thinking that affluent people are shallow or superficial. I’ve learned that’s just my own insecurities manifesting themselves to keep me down. It’s senseless and unjustifiable behavior. Everyone wants and deserves to be more than comfortable, nobody wants to be struggling and poor forever. I bring it too me. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Good question - I don't want more student loan debt. I paid off my Bachelor's degree and I realize that it really didn't benefit me. :(

I understand the frustration so many people have with their degrees but please don't believe that! You achieved something, you took an opportunity to further your education and expand your understanding of life and something you were passionate about. Regardless if you work in the field or not, knowledge is power! be proud of yourself! 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I understand the frustration so many people have with their degrees but please don't believe that! You achieved something, you took an opportunity to further your education and expand your understanding of life and something you were passionate about. Regardless if you work in the field or not, knowledge is power! be proud of yourself! 

That's a nice sentiment but I think our colleges are full of unnecessary degrees right now. There are certain things that are beneficial but many that aren't. I feel like college us more of a Sociology thing

2 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

Money is beautiful :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Paying Taxes aren't :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Paying taxes is wonderful, and being able to take as many college classes you want for free is even better. Life long learning baby! I'm not even kidding. A long, paid maternity leave, getting paid to study, free healthcare and 5 weeks paid vacation/year isn't too bad either. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

i believe ya i am so happy this forum works for us all overturning our negative beliefs aroud money. kiss-kiss!!

1 hour ago, Marlean said:

Paying taxes is wonderful, and being able to take as many college classes you want for free is even better. Life long learning baby! I'm not even kidding. A long, paid maternity leave, getting paid to study, free healthcare and 5 weeks paid vacation/year isn't too bad either. 

Not here in America :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Just because you have money doesn't mean you should spend it. I was broke for so long that I became comfortable with having very little in my checking account and anytime it's start to build up I'd find something to buy. Breaking that habit was hard but it was a life-changer.   

thats cool thinking.

i myself right now am under coservatorship but im like in good reality i should save up at least 1 third of what i get a month. this would be so good

also maybe investing in stocks too from that one third

i have a very big sum monthly for my TV subscription which i find SO IMPORTANT. different casts from different channels help me think and feel things EVEN IF many things on TV are just a joke. could you believe i find it so useful in my life?

the thing about this TV package is that it used to be like 40 or 50 euros more expensive than now.

because of that i am wondering if they will make the price go up again in coming years or maybe they will even make it more cheap in coming years. yeah it is a very important thing to me. actually my friend is paying it for me.

but then again my pension got bigger last year and this is a big thing for me also

i am planning that once i get my money under my control

for now it is 500 euros a month

50 euros would be my pills

80 euros a month in average my communals and water and electricity

20 euros my phone

20 euros my bus fees inside the town

30-33 euros paying back to my friend

and then there is the wiggling room for my hygiene products food and everything else

i have never really had a job

some of my friends predict for my future that i will really get my ******* internet business and it will get up from the ground. they say i have the package and features to have it to have what it takes and even a shiny attractive personality

the thing is i must confess i sometimes hate on Exhalers and they hate on me but lets just have this praying circle too you know that you get what it takes to be the most successful person youd like to be HAVE YOUR DREAMS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS and me too

okay?

@plush@PlusYoulol i guess you can't tag Exhale Plus anymore but shortly i am here for Justice of Exhalers lol

• Like 1

Buying a Chanel bag won't make you richer, it will make you poorer (literally).

The maximum rent you can afford should be 1/3 of your monthly income.

You can live with the 70% of your monthly income, the remaining 30% should go to the savings account.

Don't waste money on fast fashion, buy good quality classic pieces that last forever. If you like fast fashion, buy it second hand.

Lessons i have learned so far.

• Love 1

Money isn’t everything. Make sure to have fun and have memorable experiences. 

If you're not making money while you're sleeping, you're losing out on some financial opportunities. You will want passive income and not just be completely depended on your primary occupation for financial security. Make sure to have a business income too - great tax benefits. 

Homes are really expensive to manage. Condos are expensive too, but at least you don't have to worry too much about property tax and managing backyards. 

36 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

Buying a Chanel bag won't make you richer, it will make you poorer (literally).

The maximum rent you can afford should be 1/3 of your monthly income.

You can live with the 70% of your monthly income, the remaining 30% should go to the savings account.

Don't waste money on fast fashion, buy good quality classic pieces that last forever. If you like fast fashion, buy it second hand.

Lessons i have learned so far.

i don't even want to imagine what prices are in the game for some people to buy clothing

i think i have my own fashion (yet a movement that is global), something that will always be there and something that i incline to

i wouldn't want pale, i wouldn't even want labelless clothing, something bland and that kind of simple (lol i had a typo saying pimple but basic bland clothing pieces really are like pimples to me), clothes that don't mean anything

i am young and i want youthful clothing and i bet my blood on that there is something like this always going on, the youthful fashion by my recollection hasn't changed much and doesn't cost that much either

t

• Love 1

in this day and age, but yeah times have surely changed, you would almost never see me wearing bland boring dull clothes not saying anything.

for example, i haven't been to theatre for long time but even the official formal clothing for theatres is going out of fashion

people like me just doesn't like the dullness of officials anymore

maybe in South Korea really things have to be this way that companies have all tidied up clothing but not in Estonia it is not the norm here anymore that for instance, young start up directors have to play dull and official in their clothing. they can too be smart and clever

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block