Demi Lovato on a slippery slope? “I think I want to try this balance thing in the substance side of my life too.”

• Super Mods

I feel sorry for her.

Addiction will always be a weakness, no matter how much they say they stopped.

(although there are exceptions)

Sadly I feel like she is becoming more well known for being a former **** addict than an actual singer.

I mean seriously when was the last time her music was talked about first?

2 hours ago, Aymama said:

I take the XR. It helps me imho, I’m a more functioning human being with. Lol

Nice I take both versions but I struggle with taking my normal dose daily as prescribed if you know what I mean. It can be a very tricky thing when it technically helps you on a daily basis but the **** itself shares characteristics with other recreational stuff.

I have a feeling,  she needs to move out of California and go to a small town or something, and go to California for work only, with today's technology,  she doesn't need to go to a recording studio, she can record at home..

I don't know, but something tells me, she's not being honest with her, there has to be a demon from her past she has to deal with, Miley did it to Rebel from her father, and I think she got it out of her system..

Demi, I think has a hidden demon from past trauma, most **** addicts do this to numb something from making them face the issue dead on, to fix it. 

She literally can die. She almost did. Did she really want to play with that balancing *****..it is not the same with eating.

And not trying to be judgy but it looks like she gets happyness from doing things that r bad for her. Maybe she should jump from the parachute or do other crazy stuff so ***** wouldn't be so excited for her. She clearly likes being on the edge

• Like 3

I've been called an addict. Now I'm not allowed to smoke a joint or even drink...I wish people around me agreed with her. Because a joint ain't going to kill me. I really need it in my life since it's been so boring and nothing exciting happens anymore. I've been "sober" for almost a year now. I need SOMETHING. So I agree with  her. 

This is not a good sign. What happens when an addict thinks they can control their addictions? Oh “I’ll have one beer, that’s it...” Ummmmm then you have two or three and next thing you know, you’re drunk and accepting ***** from a friend or doing coke in the bathroom. It’s not a wise idea. She needs to be able to find her peace without relying on substances. She’s been to so many rehabs, she’s overdosed and NEARLY died, clearly looking at her history, she should steer clear of substances entirely.

1 hour ago, PieceofBritney said:

I've been called an addict. Now I'm not allowed to smoke a joint or even drink...I wish people around me agreed with her. Because a joint ain't going to kill me. I really need it in my life since it's been so boring and nothing exciting happens anymore. I've been "sober" almost a year now. I need SOMETHING. So I agree with  her. 

(someone delete this post. I meant to edit it but it got quoted instead. lol 

16 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Nice I take both versions but I struggle with taking my normal dose daily as prescribed if you know what I mean. It can be a very tricky thing when it technically helps you on a daily basis but the **** itself shares characteristics with other recreational stuff.

Ah yeah I’ve been there tbh. I used to double dose when I lived in nyc but then I’d have days with nothing because of it. Have you tried just bettering your food intake and making sure you get enough sleep, not drinking caffeine after 12? Just a few things that give me more natural energy so I don’t double dose. :)

She seems really off-track lately... just look at how many times she changed her hair in a short period of time... For me it looks like she's trying to find herself in some ways. I'm no expert, but if you did an overdose with hero**... it seems to me that you are not able to "balance" your substance use. She probably started with w**d and alcohol in the first place, and see where it brought her...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aymama said:

Ah yeah I’ve been there tbh. I used to double dose when I lived in nyc but then I’d have days with nothing because of it. Have you tried just bettering your food intake and making sure you get enough sleep, not drinking caffeine after 12? Just a few things that give me more natural energy so I don’t double dose. :)

That's good advice thank you. It's definitely not a cute look being super sharp half the time and a spacey hot mess the other half. 

• Haha 1

I feel that she may benefit from stepping away from the limelight, not that she shouldn't be in it, but from the little that I've learned about recovery regarding substance abuse and just paying attention to her social media, I really do wonder about the quality of her judgment especially trying to find a balance with substance (which based on history she's probably more prone to abuse it unfortunately :/ )

As someone who is sober (2 years next month), it’s disappointing to see how much she is still very much living in her addiction. She has a huge ego which is her biggest problem IMO. She wouldn’t have to deal with the struggle of finding balance in her **** and alcohol use if she actually put in the work to stay sober. There is a way to lifelong sobriety for even the worst addicts and it’s just sad that she’s not open-minded enough to believe she can have an even happier, more fulfilled life without that stuff. I feel bad for her and I really hope she stops playing with fire and wakes tf up.

I totally know what she means in that it is scary and kind of a turn-off to think of things as black and white/all-or-nothing. I totally get it. But at some point you have to listen to others who’ve walked a similar path, who know better, but she doesn’t have the humility or intelligence to do so at this point. I hope she does before it’s too late :(

Good luck Demi 💖

• Love 2

She seems a little bit lost, find yourself, gurl, come on. 

Addictions aren't easy, but you are not only a druguser. Figure out your life, what do you want in life? 

She should not see her past as a sign, more like a second chance, not everybody gets that, do something with it! 

• Love 1

Lol, she's just being a spoiled famous girl... I feel for her, but she literally almost died and she has ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES that we normal people don't have when fighting against addictions! I was seriously addicted to w**d, smoking EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, FOR YEARS in a row! One day I felt really bad and anxious smoking, and I just stopped!! I don't smoke anything for a year now!

Demi, find another subject to promote your music. And grow up.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block