The year i became a Britney fan

garjames24

First off i'd like to say i can't believe i been a fan of this woman for 16 years!!! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

I am only 27 so i haven't been a fan since the beginning of her career but it all started with toxic.

I was in summer school and i borrowed my sister's mix cd with her cd player one of the songs on the cd was toxic and i loved it. played it over and over :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: the very first album for me was bomt then blackout was the second album i listened of hers. Do somethin was the first music video of hers i saw online before there was youtube i think. My sister had a dvd with the snake vma performance,pepsi commercial and slave 4 u video.

I remember seeing womanizer on tv in 2008. I've never been to a tour or met her sadly. I love Britney she is my idol, my queen. I hope someday if she goes back to the stage to see her live or get the chance to do a m&g. i would die if i met the woman ive adored for many years.

well that's my story. :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, garjames24 said:

First off i'd like to say i can't believe i been a fan of this woman for 16 years!!! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

I am only 27 so i haven't been a fan since the beginning of her career but it all started with toxic.

I was in summer school and i borrowed my sister's mix cd with her cd player one of the songs on the cd was toxic and i loved it. played it over and over :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: the very first album for me was bomt then blackout was the second album i listened of hers. Do somethin was the first music video of hers i saw online before there was youtube i think. My sister had a dvd with the snake vma performance,pepsi commercial and slave 4 u video.

I remember seeing womanizer on tv in 2008. I've never been to a tour or met her sadly. I love Britney she is my idol, my queen. I hope someday if she goes back to the stage to see her live or get the chance to do a m&g. i would die if i met the woman ive adored for many years.

well that's my story. :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

welcome captain GIF

Everybody talks about the Slave performance (which is definitely legendary) but I think this is the performance that solidified Britney as an icon for me:

11 hours ago, britneyluv said:

welcome captain GIF

Everybody talks about the Slave performance (which is definitely legendary) but I think this is the performance that solidified Britney as an icon for me:

This was the performance I saw of her that made me fall in love with her she performs 

mind you I didnt see this performance until I was 12 in the year 2012!

that’s how impactful my girl was a multi-generational super star 

and trust me in 2012 none of the kids were talking about Britney at ALL

1 hour ago, garjames24 said:

excuse me, I'm 27 too and I've been a fan since BOMT :bcut_britney_clapboard:  lol

I guess I was just lucky to grow up watching MTV thanks to my older cousins, but tbh by 2000 everyone knew her at elementary school because of Oops.

No judgement though, at least you eventually became a fan :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

we got two Glory reissues and Swimming in the Stars and Matches though :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: even My Only Wish got a proper release

I still don't get the My Only Wish 2020 release. Didn't it get a proper release years ago? I remember jamming to it during the holiday season in 2014 and being like wow I forgot about this ancient hidden gem. Why did everybody act like it was a new thing last year?

10 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I still don't get the My Only Wish 2020 release. Didn't it get a proper release years ago? I remember jamming to it during the holiday season in 2014 and being like wow I forgot about this ancient hidden gem. Why did everybody act like it was a new thing last year?

tbh idk, some people say it was sent to radio back in 2000, but I haven't been able to found a legit single release from that year. 

I mean, the vinyl release was obviously a cash grab, but I guess the excuse was the 20th anniversary :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: And it happened to be the first proper official release of the song as a single, with a cover and everything. 

I also became a fan during ITZ, my sister who was a bit older had been a fan since BOMT, but as a boy and being younger it took me a while longer to start to get really into music. I remember the VMA performance with the Madonna kiss, and all the ITZ promos, like the TRL Time Square that was when I became a fan. She's pretty much the only artist I consider myself a fan of since then. 

Also by then a very close friend was also a huge fan, it was such a fan time and her music and her are such a huge part of my life. 

Archived