In your opinion: when was music at its peak?

I know this question is based on personal opinion merely. 

I just wanted to ask you guys when do you think music hit its peak. 

It could be a year up to a decade. For me personally it's the 90's decade, especially end of the 90's and beginning of 00's , (98-2002 to be exact). Something about the use of instruments in mainstream music was very clear and pure, and while production is getting polished and more sophisticated with time and technology, I still feel like there was something invincible in that simplicity and rememberable formula. 

I could start giving examples but the list would be way too long. Please respect everyone's opinion in the comments and tell us what is your personal favorite music era.peak.jpg.9ceac38597c4d5769064f6d42f5d4552.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Honestly, the ultimate peak of music was the mid-late 1970s-Mid 00s. From 2017 onwards, it went to **** but then we are having a pop renaissance right now (2020-   ).

I agree , I mean I still love some of the new stuff but very few , I listen mostly the oldies 80's/90's/00's very few songs from the 60's and 70's as well , but I think as we approached the mylenium something about music (production wise) was really beautiful and emotional , music lacks that feeling nowadays ...... 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Honestly, the ultimate peak of music was the mid-late 1970s-Mid 00s. From 2017 onwards, it went to **** but then we are having a pop renaissance right now (2020-   ).

Imagine THINKING we're in a pop renaissance right now when the state of pop music literally couldn't be more bland aq9Apl8.gif  

THE CACKLE aq9Apl8.gif 

Also 2019 was literally one of the best years of music this century wyd sis aq9Apl8.gif 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Not when 2008-09 were some of the worst years for mainstream music. 2005-07 was also pretty bad too. Pop music revolved way too much around *** and felt too one-dimensional then. 

How were 2008-09 bad years for music?

In 2008 alone, We got Katy’s debut. We got Gaga’s debut. We got Tha Carter III from Lil Wayne. We got Taylor’s Fearless album which is the most awarded album in country music history. We got Beyoncé’s most iconic record “I Am... Sasha Fierce.” We got Mariah’s “E=MC2” which is arguably her last truly successful album. We got the FREAKING CIRCUS ERA. I’d argue that this was maybe the last real great era of music.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

In 2008 alone, We got Katy’s debut. We got Gaga’s debut. We got Tha Carter III from Lil Wayne. We got Taylor’s Fearless album which is the most awarded album in country music history. We got Beyoncé’s most iconic record “I Am... Sasha Fierce.” I’d argue that this was maybe the last real great era of music.

Let’s not forget about Britney’s musical re-peak. Womanizer and Circus were pop gems. We also got the iconic Heartless by Kanye West, Party In The USA, Boom Boom Pow, So what!, When I Grow Up and ....

.....Pitbull. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEENexplain yourself! :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Style. said:

Let’s not forget about Britney’s musical re-peak. Womanizer and Circus were pop gems. We also got the iconic Heartless by Kanye West, Party In The USA, Boom Boom Pow, So what!, When I Grow Up and ....

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEENexplain yourself! :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

I meant to put that in there too. But hit send before I could edit it. We also got Rihanna’s Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded which means we got DISTURBIA. That’s literally all in 2008. Not to mention we got some records that saw critical acclaim that were released in 2008 but saw success later like Adele’s debut “19.” 

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN explain yourself :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Imagine THINKING we're in a pop renaissance right now when the state of pop music literally couldn't be more bland aq9Apl8.gif  

THE CACKLE aq9Apl8.gif 

Also 2019 was literally one of the best years of music this century wyd sis aq9Apl8.gif 

2019 was an amazing year for pop, but it seems nobody agrees when it comes to that topic :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

Also, wdym by 2020 pop being bland, if anything, it is a very diverse year for pop and we recieved pop masterpieces after masterpieces and so :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

37 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

In 2008 alone, We got Katy’s debut. We got Gaga’s debut. We got Tha Carter III from Lil Wayne. We got Taylor’s Fearless album which is the most awarded album in country music history. We got Beyoncé’s most iconic record “I Am... Sasha Fierce.” We got Mariah’s “E=MC2” which is arguably her last truly successful album. We got the FREAKING CIRCUS ERA. I’d argue that this was maybe the last real great era of music.

22 minutes ago, Style. said:

14 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I meant to put that in there too. But hit send before I could edit it. We also got Rihanna’s Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded which means we got DISTURBIA. That’s literally all in 2008. Not to mention we got some records that saw critical acclaim that were released in 2008 but saw success later like Adele’s debut “19.” 

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN explain yourself :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Dont forgot we freaking got Dont Stop The Music. That song alone marked the revival of pop in late 00s pop scene!

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block