What Do You Think This Generation Will Miss In Music That We’ve Had?

4 hours ago, ExXL said:

Okay I love CDs as well but don't tell me you seriously never stream 😂

I never stream either. I still buy CDs and download music. I always get the largest storage iPhone so I can keep my lossless music and take it with me anywhere. I own my music, I don’t rent it :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Like 1

imo bc of the internet artists are much more accessible, and there are so many that its hard to keep up and look deep into each of their discographies... so unless ur a huge fan of a single artist, i dont think many people listen to whole albums anymore

im ‘this generation’ so obvi i dont really know but for example my dad was raised in the communist regime so there was much less music available, especially from the western world  so he would play each album over and over with no distinction between singles and album songs

idk ig what im trying to say is that albums arent that important anymore??? unless u stan that particular person  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MX3 said:

Tbh I love music and different genres and I remember being young and catching up on music of the 50’s/60’s/70’s and 80’s. And early 90’s. I was born in 1990 and had a lot of older siblings and my parents loved music so I enjoyed this and had lots of exposure to great music. I feel like with some digging and a bit of time, I really was able to delve into the history of a lot of different genres and appreciate a lot of icons! 

I think kids today have to now go back and delve into all that PLUS 2000’s, 2010’s and 2020’s??!? That’s a lot of damn work! Lol and with streaming it’s easier for sure but also there’s less excitement of buying a record or a CD... I feel like some of the “magic” and our special relationship with music has been taken out with streaming. 

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Not too long ago I was just thinking about that. I became interested in music from the 80s and 70s because of my parents. If I ever have kids, I will pass on to them the music I enjoyed real time during the 00s, 10s and 20s. Shieeeeeeet I’m feeling old. And on top of that, I will show them what their grandparents showed me. If they like it, they will dig in clicking here and there instead of sitting in front of the TV watching Vh1. 

• Love 1

I think the world used to be organised in a strict vertical way and has become more and more horizontal year after year.

That means more and more people are involved with politic, art, culture etc...since everybody and their grandmother are giving their opinion and are able to share it to the world and since everybody can be accepted as an artist nowadays...well you automatically have the dark side of it which is the downfall of quality.

When your random 15 years old neighbor can be called an awesome artist when he just posted a tiktok video showing his graffiti don't expect to see paintings like the ceiling of the Hall of mirror of the palace of Versailles. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

In conclusion nostalgia makes us feel like our generation was better( I'm 33) but no, we were already going through this process, it's just getting more and more prominent with social media.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Innate said:

I never stream either. I still buy CDs and download music. I always get the largest storage iPhone so I can keep my lossless music and take it with me anywhere. I own my music, I don’t rent it :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I do that too cus I'm broke , but I still stream to discover new music

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block