This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'If U Seek Amy' single in 2009 (March 10)

53 minutes ago, notjennifer said:

My dream was Usual You for the third single, and Kill the Lights as the fourth and final single.  I thought Kill the Lights would be a nice finisher for the era. 

True but I think Radar had to be released because of contract reasons.

Blur is underrated too!

• Love 2
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On March 10, 2009, Britney Spears released If U Seek Amy, the third single off her sixth studio album Circus. It was written and produced by Max Martin, with additional writing by Shellback, Savan Kot

The music video for this still slappppps

Also is really funny to read the video comments on Youtube:      ICONIC 

Posted Images

• Exhale+

I remember seeing Bill O’Reilly talk about this video on his Fox News TV program back in the day. Everybody thought so little of her on Fox News, like she was just some dumb blonde bimbo who had no thoughts on creativity or anything. That she was just S3X and nothing else. How horrible and disrespectful to an amazing woman. Love this video and the song is so fun. Underrated dancing too! Slé!  :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:   :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:   

7 hours ago, J in the Mix said:

Unpopular opinion: IUSA shouldn't have been the third single.

It's such a random song that fails to resonate with people because it's meaningless. Still a bop, but I don't think it was single-worthy in my opinion!

Yeah, I agree that's why it should have been Mannequin! I think it was catchy enough for a single, original and good lyrics with that killer rehearsal choreo, it could have been top notch. (Or Unusual You or Kill The Lights) 

6 minutes ago, Stefani said:

The fact that My Baby got 1% more votes than Blur as a potential single...

I Dont Want To Live On This Planet Anymore GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

as it should! :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

even Mmm Papi got more votes

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

20 hours ago, notjennifer said:

I voted for Unusual You in that poll, so maybe it's just lingering bitterness all these years later, but If You Seek Amy is one of the few singles that I pretty consistently skip if it comes on.  I really have to be in the mood for it.  

I've always though IUSA was overrated. I almost always skip it!

one of my favorites! yet again ill say if she makes another album, SHE NEEDS TO GET BACK WITH MAX MARTIN. they make such magic together. i also love the controversy with this song. the only thing that sucks is that i think the censored radio version hurt its performance on the charts (it also was unnecessary to censor because she didnt say anything wrong technically but i digress).

• Love 2
21 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah, I agree that's why it should have been Mannequin! I think it was catchy enough for a single, original and good lyrics with that killer rehearsal choreo, it could have been top notch. (Or Unusual You or Kill The Lights) 

Mannequin would have flopped - the lyrics are hard to understand so not good for radio. That choreo was fire though!!

• Love 1