This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'If U Seek Amy' single in 2009 (March 10)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On March 10, 2009, Britney Spears released If U Seek Amy, the third single off her sixth studio album Circus. It was written and produced by Max Martin, with additional writing by Shellback, Savan Kot

The music video for this still slappppps

Also is really funny to read the video comments on Youtube:      ICONIC 

Posted Images

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, Anticonformity said:

I love IUSA but I was one of the 15% who voted for one of her best songs of all time...

Not her "best song" in your opinion being a cover tho but go off :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

That 2008 interview of her "telling us" about her songs is so painful to watch. 

Everything was just "really cool":mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:
She was so over it:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Anyway, IUSA is iconic and shook the Karens and soccer moms all over the U.S. to their core.
 We love a controversy:kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 3
  • Like 6

love this song!!!! such an underrated classic, pushing the envelope for sure. really makes me nolstalgic of britney back in her prime controversial days.

although the cover is not my favorite, her bleached eyebrows just ruin it for me. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I voted for Unusual You in that poll, so maybe it's just lingering bitterness all these years later, but If You Seek Amy is one of the few singles that I pretty consistently skip if it comes on.  I really have to be in the mood for it.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, notjennifer said:

I voted for Unusual You in that poll, so maybe it's just lingering bitterness all these years later, but If You Seek Amy is one of the few singles that I pretty consistently skip if it comes on.  I really have to be in the mood for it.  

Agreed + Same! But I think Kill the Lights should've been Single #3. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, J in the Mix said:

Agreed + Same! But I think Kill the Lights should've been Single #3. 

My dream was Usual You for the third single, and Kill the Lights as the fourth and final single.  I thought Kill the Lights would be a nice finisher for the era. 

• Love 2