Aly & AJ announce release of 4th studio album after 14 years

The sisterly act, Aly & AJ, have announced via PEOPLE magazine of their new LP which is slated to release May 07, 2021. This is their first full length, studio album in fourteen years. Following after their debut album Into the Rush, sophomore release Acoustic Hearts of Winter, and third album Insomniatic, the new LP has a long title of A Touch of the Beat Gets You Up on Your Feet [,] Gets You Out and then Into the Sun. After a few failed attempts at releasing a full length album since 2007, the duo have resorted to releasing a couple EPs. Ten Years EP was their comeback to the music industry with their unique alternative/indie vibe back in 2017 and then a follow up EP called, Sanctuary in 2019.

Aly & AJ Announce First Album in 14 Years: 'It Feels Like the First Time' | PEOPLE.com

"It feels like the first time in a weird way, like making a record for the first time," Aly tells PEOPLE. "In a bizarre way, it feels like a record that you make as an artist without all of the jaded aspects that come with being an act that has been around for 15-plus years. That's kind of the exciting part for us with this album is that we weren't writing this for anyone specifically, we weren't writing this for radio — we wrote this for us, first and foremost, and our fans."

They've already released 3 singles for the new release all accompanied by music videos; Slow Dancing, Listen!!!, and Pretty Places.

Of course, along with the announcement, the sisters have shared the cover art for the new album as well.

960x0.thumb.jpg.2880cb66680502e15238a2813ce5db81.jpg

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Isla said:

Longass title but as someone who only likes a few Aly and AJ singles and hasn’t heard their recent stuff I’ll have to keep my eyes (and ears) on this. 

I totally recommend their newer stuff. Their sound is a lot different than back in the day, but it has a nice grown-up moody electronic vibe. I also like that they don't trash their early work like some artists do, they still perform old hits and add an adult twist to it, it's very badazz imo. I think they've mastered the transition from teen pop to grown artist better than most. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I totally recommend their newer stuff. Their sound is a lot different than back in the day, but it has a nice grown-up moody electronic vibe. I also like that they don't trash their early work like some artists do, they still perform old hits and add an adult twist to it, it's very badazz imo. I think they've mastered the transition from teen pop to grown artist better than most. 

Thank you! Yeah surprisingly I have heard nothing but I meant to get to it at some point. Adding to my long list of 'albums/EPs I NEED to check out etc.'

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block