Zayn comes out and says "F the Grammys"

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Awards shows in general feel so unimportant especially during a pandemic. People are just trying to keep their head above water. A bunch of successful, famous people handing each other trophies feels a little weird. 

Agreed. I would add that “Award” shows should focus on giving artists a platform to perform/further promote their music and really show what they can do. Just a really high budget televised concert. 

On 3/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

It's funny how artists get into the game longing for a Grammy but as soon as they don't get recognition they're quick to say Eff the Grammys! 

I personally think Awards in general are kind of unnecessary but I guess it's nice to feel some type of recognition for your work. I really only care about live performances and fashion from the shows. 

I think the recognition is good when people know what is the criteria to get such an award.

Give an award to the person with the most streams or most sales, or with the most votes by the public, something that is quantifiable. Or be like, ok, these are the things that we're gonna judge to pick the nominees and then the winners of each categories, not just in terms of eligibility, but like actual points they check in order to pick one artist/record over another. Now, it sounds so fancy when you say a group of experts are the ones judging their work, but when you read all those articles that reveal that people from the committee get to vote for categories they don't know anything about, those awards, like, specifically the Grammy's, become as relevant as if Exhale gave some awards based on an online poll. They're not even objectively judging everything that's been released within a time period, but if it's not submitted they won't even consider it. 

Thing is, Grammy's can do whatever they want, it's their awards, but people, both in the public as well as within the music industry, need to stop considering them like ultimate achievement an artist can receive, because it's not.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SUPERJACK said:

Agreed. I would add that “Award” shows should focus on giving artists a platform to perform/further promote their music and really show what they can do. Just a really high budget televised concert. 

I agree, but they should just make high  budget televised concerts then, skipping the award thing. Maybe just tribute awards honoring someone's career. 

There's really missing a platform like MTV used to be, where we can see all the artists coming together for a big music show. Nowadays everyone has their individual channels, but it's not the same. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block