House Republicans are demanding fellow Republicans and Democrats to hold hearings on conservatorship abuse, citing Britney's case as an example

4 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

on a side note, i like how the #freebritney movement is being seen as part of something bigger - conservatorship abuse - and not just about this poor little rich girl (a lot of people feel like that when you first tell them about #freebritney, just cause she's rich and famous she cant have problems - or so they think)

so i like that she's being used as an example to fight for others. i think that movie "i care a lot" helped a lot too, not just the documentary.

I watched "I care a lot" it's so good and so unfortunate for Brit n those alike. I'm glad her story is being used for a bigger cause as well!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

I never had these two idiots writing to Congress to welcome a formal floor discussion and to push for justice on Britney’s Conservatorship on my 2021 bingo card but I am ON BOARD. Holy **** this is so massive 

Maybe after the clustereff that was 2020, our 2021 bingo cards are doing the most to make up for it :neydedance_purple:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I...don’t think this is an expressly Republican/Democrat partisan issue. 

This makes it sound like Republicans are trying to convince Democrats to pay attention to this issue. Yes, these two congressmen are Republicans...but they are requesting the *entire* House Judiciary Committee review this...and the HJC is comprised of Dems & Reps: https://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.htm

@Jordan Miller @Bundy Can we maybe change the title here??

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Tetris said:

I...don’t think this is an expressly Republican/Democrat partisan issue. 

This makes it sound like Republicans are trying to convince Democrats to pay attention to this issue. Yes, these two congressmen are Republicans...but they are requesting the *entire* House Judiciary Committee review this...and the HJC is comprised of Dems & Reps: https://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.htm

@Jordan Miller @Bundy Can we maybe change the title here??

I agree it’s not on just democrats to make this happen