House Republicans are demanding fellow Republicans and Democrats to hold hearings on conservatorship abuse, citing Britney's case as an example

41 minutes ago, SkyNet said:

Ok, I'm not from America. 

Can anyone explain me, is that is as big as I think it is? Is it actually can change something? Or it just another "let's make it look like we care" situation?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Same here. 

I don't really understand what's going lol, can someone dumb it down for us non americans? :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

You are literally slamming the most progressive, positive FreeBritney move ever done to this date, because you are politically invested in another party? Horrible. 

But I literally said this is great and I hope it gets some traction???? No need to try to pick an argument lol. I fully recognize democrats are dropping the ball right now but I also can see republicans spotted an easy PR layup. Either way, it's a win and I hope this helps Britney.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

ok so, these two people are members of congress and they're encouraging congress to revise conservatorships laws because they are prone to abuse. they cited britney as one example. at this point nothing has happened but there's a request to get the conversation started. if it goes through, laws will change and conservatorships will be revised and checked for abuse or fraud.

1 minute ago, Martian_M00d said:

It's not as monumental as writing and passing legislation. But hearings are created to interview individuals based on a particular topic or issue that they deem important. For example, congress held hearings interviewing Mark Zuckerberg about Facebook and privacy. It doesn't necessarily mean laws will be made because of it, but it's a good first step in shaping a better picture for this issue. These hearings are televised through CSPAN and other news outlets that deem it important. 

"Demanding" is one thing, and following through with it is another. But I'll give them credit if they actually create a bill because of it. I wouldn't jump the gun yet. 

Ohh I see, thanks for explaining! 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, phareezy said:

But I literally said this is great and I hope it gets some traction???? No need to try to pick an argument lol. I fully recognize democrats are dropping the ball right now but I also can see republicans spotted an easy PR layup. Either way, it's a win and I hope this helps Britney.

Nice, just referring to the deflection part of your comment and basically needed an outlet for the pic I just discovered now and the Hunter laptop videos/photos I saw for the first time today :melt_weird_drift_wow:. Just fitted in with this rather political subject/your comment... to a degree :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

The president will do a good job leading the party and country. He can handle millions of people’s futures when he is capable of raising his son so well to be such a successful story. Biden can’t even train his own dogs not to bite despite being able to hire whichever dog trainer he wants. Exuding responsibility and leadership/role model competence all over. He needs a deflection strategy for one :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:. Looking forward to his first press conference in 2023 :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This is HUGE! Britney’s conservatorship has been trapped in this broken system for 13 years. This is beyond Probate courts now. They are functioning as they always do and it’s become clear they still favour the conservators over the conservatee and let lawyers drain the system left and right. 

It’s sad this is becoming a political issue but all these players involved have been dragging this out for far too long and clearly have lost sight in it. Enough is enough. I think Democrats will surely agree. Conservatorships need reform and Britney’s case high lights it very well. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Nice, just referring to the deflection part of your comment and basically needed an outlet for the pic I just discovered now and the Hunter laptop videos/photos I saw for the first time today :melt_weird_drift_wow:. Just fitted in with this rather political subject/your comment... to a degree :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

The president will do a good job leading the party and country. He can handle millions of people’s futures when he is capable of raising his son so well to be such a successful story. Biden can’t even train his own dogs not to bite despite being able to hire whichever dog trainer he wants. Exuding responsibility and leadership/role model competence all over. He needs a deflection strategy for one :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:. Looking forward to his first press conference in 2023 :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:.

ok.

2 minutes ago, Forever222 said:

This is HUGE! Britney’s conservatorship has been trapped in this broken system for 13 years. This is beyond Probate courts now. They are functioning as they always do and it’s become clear they still favour the conservators over the conservatee and let lawyers drain the system left and right. 

It’s sad this is becoming a political issue but all these players involved have been dragging this out for too long and clearly are lost in it. Enough is enough. I think Democrats will surely agree. Conservatorships need reform and Britney’s case high lights it very well. 

100% agree

• Love 2
Just now, NastyT said:

I think this is GREAT news! And so many people hate on Republicans on this site. Let’s be honest both parties have major problems and our political system needs major changes. 

The Britney issue is a HUMAN issue, not a political one.

Yes, I agree. So let's not derail the subject (Britney conservatorship) for partisan bickering. Good news is good news 

• Love 6