Selena Gomez considering retiring from music: "I want to give it one last try"

On 3/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Invitation said:

How can she promote when she messed up her comeback performance that way? It was really embarrassing.

She could have used that to get a do over. I think that she hates performing, kinda similar to Zayn. which is a fair point. But then you can't expect music to perform well, or be reviewed, listened if you dont

a) promote it 
b) if the piece of work is truly outstanding, then it will speak for itself, or
c) promote it, if the work is average, but you stand behind it. 

Promoting on Covid times proved to be truly creative. Katy Perry promoted her work, was it Teenage Dream no, but she promoted remotely without people, without crowds, and she did that. Same for Chloe x Halle. Selena could have done that, no crowds, no huge stadiums, but she had a blank canvas to promote that album

• Like 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like her music, and people love ‘Lose You To Love Me’. It’s been on the chart for a very long time after hitting No.1. People would’ve taken her a lot more seriously if she hadn’t sung off key to he

Ok, bye 

I mean, she has always been a good actress but a not-so-great performer/singer, so this just feels more natural. As long as she's following what she's passionate about in the moment, then good for her

Posted Images

2020, we got so many artists doing the work, if you want people (masses) to listen you need to sing, make your voice heard. There are so many places where to promote.

• Little Mix
  • Chloe x Halle
  • Doja Cat
  • Megan Thee Stallion
  • Rina Sawayama
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Khelani
  • Charli XCX
  • Taylor Swift
  • HAIM
  • Jessie Ware
  • Kylie Minogue
  • Katy Perry
  • Ava Max

I have no listed any male artists, etc. I am not comparing how each of them do it, but what's key here is, they all promoted their work and put in the hours, each to their own ways. Consistency, effort and making your voice heard is what gets people to heard, read, and find your work. Selena's voice is great, I love it, she has a beautiful voice, and I know how difficult is for her to go on tour, huge crowds and how uncomfortable awards are for her, dont do that, find new ways of pushing your music into the world, specially in 2020 people found even newer ways to promote and entertain if you wanted directly from their homes

Well after all the garbage singles she's been putting out maybe she should.

She just needs some legitimate bops and she'll be fine.

Love You Like A Love Song

Slow Down

Come & Get It

Undercover

Same Old Love

Kill Em With Kindness

Wolves

Were all flawless. She's kinda like JLo, when it's amazing it's perfect, but when it's not it's total shyt.

1 hour ago, jonjon2000 said:

please let's not use the women narrative. If I need to use the example for men. The Weeknd. He has promoted EVERYWHERE. Miley, promoted the F out of Bangerz, Younger, Plastic Hearts. H.E.R. massive promotion. I can go on. The narrative is simple. Whatever your gender is, you need to promote your work. That's the example.

Of men, you only mentioned The Weeknd, and he just wobbled his entire set in the Super Bowl (compare him with Shakira and JLo). Then you mentioned hard working women. It IS a gender issue.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Blackout2006 said:

I see why she is going to possibly retired. The pop scene takes her as a joke, and this thread just proves it more. Sorry, but is our fave any better of a singer than Selena? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: 

okay but it's not about being a technically good singer. it's about having a voice. a recognizable pop vocal with personality. not everyone has that.

sure, they're catchy well-crafted pop songs... but they may as well be sung by anyone.:smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Of men, you only mentioned The Weeknd, and he just wobbled his entire set in the Super Bowl (compare him with Shakira and JLo). Then you mentioned hard working women. It IS a gender issue.

Have you seen all the promotion for After Hours in 2020? Like SuperBowl was the closing set of that whole Era. 
I literally listed all the females that killed it in 2020. Selena did nothing in 2020 and wants to be recognized. Do we want to recognize half doing the job then she got it, but she did not promote Rare. Facts not a joke.

List of females that did their thing in 2020

• Little Mix
  • Chloe x Halle
  • Doja Cat
  • Megan Thee Stallion
  • Rina Sawayama
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Khelani
  • Charli XCX
  • Taylor Swift
  • HAIM
  • Jessie Ware
  • Kylie Minogue
  • Katy Perry
  • Ava Max
  • BlackPink
  • Zara Larsson... 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

and in that you are right. Shakira and JLo promote the **** of anything they do. Shakira will not be where she is after 30 years in the industry. She promotes every piece of work as if it was the first one. She has under her belt three FIFA World Cup ceremonies, far higher and more watched than the Super Bowl, if we are going to compare hardworking artists then yeah Shakira, The Weekend, JLo are doing what needs to be done.

Britney said it best

• Haha 1
  • Twitter Team
19 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I'M SORRY SELENA. I WAS GONNA BUY THE VINYL OF RARE WHEN I GOT SOME EXTRA MONEY. I PROMISE! :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Did you buy all three versions of the Revelacion CD though? 

• Twitter Team
7 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I haven't bought one, but I was gonna stream. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

All of my coins went to Taylor's re-release of Fearless. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I see, fair enough, but I ended up buying physical copies of Fearless (Taylor's version), and the standard/UK deluxe of Revelacion AND THE CASSETTES!!!

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

I see, fair enough, but I ended up buying physical copies of Fearless (Taylor's version), and the standard/UK deluxe of Revelacion AND THE CASSETTES!!!

Inspirational! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I bought the Fearless vinyl and i'll buy the cd on release day. I bought Fearless on release day in 2008. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: The memories of hearing You Belong With Me for the first time... :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Twitter Team
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Inspirational! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I bought the Fearless vinyl and i'll buy the cd on release day. I bought Fearless on release day in 2008. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: The memories of hearing You Belong With Me for the first time... :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

A true Swiftie :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Edited by Isla
  • Exhale+

Someone reminded me, Selena Gomez is Very Anti S.... Ex. 

They also state, you get this feeling she's  Aseuxual, meaning she has no desire to have it, after all, she trashed  her revival era, and being overtly ***ual, saying it wasn't her. 

And the comments under that comment agree with him, saying she's not relatable as that orientation only represents 1% of the world, and they all agree this is why she's single, no man will ever date a woman or a man, that don't like doing it.

And my friends pointed it out, Disney needs to stop forcing everyone into Music, people posted scenes of the wizards of Waverly place movie, and say she's a better actress than Miley and Demi Lovato, she should stick to acting,  Cos just like Hilary Duff,  Selena Gomez can't sing either, if she wants to, let others write the songs,  clearly her being a songwriter sucks as well. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Exhale+
On 3/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Britney'sBish said:

Well after all the garbage singles she's been putting out maybe she should.

She just needs some legitimate bops and she'll be fine.

Love You Like A Love Song

Slow Down

Come & Get It

Undercover

Same Old Love

Kill Em With Kindness

Wolves

Were all flawless. She's kinda like JLo, when it's amazing it's perfect, but when it's not it's total shyt.

Songs she didn't have a writing credit to

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.