Selena Gomez considering retiring from music: "I want to give it one last try"

I see why she is going to possibly retired. The pop scene takes her as a joke, and this thread just proves it more. Sorry, but is our fave any better of a singer than Selena? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: I also if I were an artist wouldn't tolerate a toxic environment which always trashes me back and forth for too long and I think anyone in her case too would :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Regardless, she has a very rich discography compared to her peers. I mean...she has Revival and Rare in her discography which r two pop gems :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
Just now, jonjon2000 said:

I guess if you want to be taken serious, you need to promote, do the work, get on concerts, like everyone else has / is doing -> Dua Lipa.

She can't just assume that just because she releases something then that's it. That's half the job. It is what it is.

Be careful with that narrative..... Justin Bieber has been doing THE LEAST for yeeeeeeears, and he's considered Pop Royalty. Women are enough. They do the most just because they are talented and they can, and they want to challenge themselves, but they shouldn't do it to prove anything.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
54 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I see why she is going to possibly retired. The pop scene takes her as a joke, and this thread just proves it more. Sorry, but is our fave any better of a singer than Selena:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: I also if I were an artist wouldn't tolerate a toxic environment which always trashes me back and forth for too long and I think anyone in her case too would :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Regardless, she has a very rich discography compared to her peers. I mean...she has Revival and Rare in her discography which r two pop gems :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Objectively, hell yeah. Selena just can't sing live, even if she's just standing there. That being said, it's not all it takes to succeed as a singer. She obviously has some good taste in music since her music quality has been great.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
57 minutes ago, jonjon2000 said:

I guess if you want to be taken serious, you need to promote, do the work, get on concerts, like everyone else has / is doing -> Dua Lipa.

She can't just assume that just because she releases something then that's it. That's half the job. It is what it is.

How can she promote when she messed up her comeback performance that way? It was really embarrassing.

• Like 1

The problem is that she's not a singer. She really can't sing. And not like Jlo, Britney, Carly which are criticized for one reason or another - she just cannot sing at all. No range, no technique, mostly pitchy and off key. She can't even dance. She doesn't have the charisma or attitude. Her performing skills are almost non existent. She has good singles, it's undeniable, but when it comes to actually sing and perform she's totally lacking. 

If acting it's what she wants to do, I hope she can reach all the success in the world and finally show her talent. 

• Like 4

I feel like she gets too much hate. While she isn't the most amazing popstar ever and doesn't have the best voice, she can hold a tune and has provided some decent music. Rare was a good album, although I think Revival was her best, and the songs released so far from Revlacion have been pretty good. 

It's a shame she feels as if she doesn't have much to give music-wise, but at the same time, she could have done a lot more. The AMAs performance in 2019 didn't really help. I think she could have pushed Look At Her Now more as that deserved to be as big as Lose You To Love Me. Rare, while a nice song, shouldn't have been a single especially when Dance Again, Vulnerable and People You Know were RIGHT THERE.

If she does stop music, I think she can still have a decent career acting/producing, she's always been a pretty good actress and she also has her cooking show on HBO Max which has been a success for her. And of course, she also has Rare Beauty as well to fall back on.

• Love 2

Personality and gimmicks sell albums and songs.  Unfortunately she has no personality and the only gimmick forced on her (which she has on occasion played into)  was this Justin Bieber thing which is just beating a dead horse at this point. She’s too reclusive... and that only works when the person being reclusive is actually interesting.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry, but is our fave any better of a singer than Selena? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: 

Yes, what are u talking about? Britney sounds great live. The thing with Britney is that the label is pushing her to do bubblegum and radio music. Britney is definitely not the best vocalist, but she literally invented the X factor.

As much as I bop to Selena, she doesn’t have none of the above. If Cardi B has a career then Selena Gomez deserves to have plenty of Grammys, accolades and money. I’m alright with Selena, but Britney is way better.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
Just now, Style. said:

Yes, what are u talking about? Britney sounds great live. The thing with Britney is that the label is pushing her to do bubblegum and radio music. Britney is definitely not the best vocalist, but she literally invented the X factor.

As much as I bop to Selena, she doesn’t have none of the above. If Cardi B has a career then Selena Gomez deserves to have plenty of Grammys, accolades and money. I’m alright with Selena, but Britney is way better.

Point. Atleast Britney has a good voice...but Selena like Britney focuses more on visuals so thats one thing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Point. Atleast Britney has a good voice...but Selena like Britney focuses more on visuals so thats one thing.

Everything is about the visuals and the aesthetics these days. Britney had the iconic choreographies, the perfect-Barbie looks and the most popular songs. She was the definition of the epitome of pop while I can’t say the same about Selena. She’s a pretty girl who stands in most of the music videos, doing nothing. Her songs are hit and miss all the time which made me think that consistency is the problem in her career. I don’t think she knows who she is as an artist. Again, this is my opinion. I’m not bashing her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

I appreciate her music tbh, nobody can deny Revival and Rare were good albums, hater or not; they were good. Here is what's killing her career - Justin Bieber drama. Selena honey, NOBODY cares about him anymore, and NOBODY cares that you dated him. YOU HAVE GOT to move on from this when it comes to your music. It's becoming irrelevant and outdated and that's why people aren't taking you as seriously as before. 

You're 28, you're getting some amazing real life experiences to learn from and incorporate into your music, so do it, focus on that :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: She's definitely not an amazing vocalist, but her voice has that pop/soothing sound to it, and I love it. Nobody else in the industry has it. I do hope she continues making good music, her albums always make me feel real nice :)

• Love 6
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Style. said:

Everything is about the visuals and the aesthetics these days. Britney had the iconic choreographies, the perfect-Barbie looks and the most popular songs. She was the definition of the epitome of pop while I can’t say the same about Selena. She’s a pretty girl who stands in most of the music videos, doing nothing. Her songs are hit and miss all the time which made me think that consistency is the problem in her career. I don’t think she knows who she is as an artist. Again, this is my opinion. I’m not bashing her. 

It's true, she is really struggling finding herself as an artist. She found her sound, which is a great thing, but as an artist, she's wandering big time.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Style. said:

Gotta agree. Revival and Rare remain flawless tho :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block