Selena Gomez considering retiring from music: "I want to give it one last try"

• Leader

Selena Gomez admits her career in music isn't going as planned. She's considering retiring.

It's worth mentioning she's releasing a Spanish-language EP titled Revelación and is reportedly working on an English-language album as well. 

Here's a new excerpt from her interview with Vogue:

Gomez places a premium on what we owe to one another: respect, decency, kindness. In some contexts, this makes her bold, and in others, cautious. At one point, she’d talked to me about her frustration at feeling that her work hadn’t yet transcended her persona. “It’s hard to keep doing music when people don’t necessarily take you seriously,” she’d said. “I’ve had moments where I’ve been like, ‘What’s the point? Why do I keep doing this?’ ‘Lose You to Love Me’ I felt was the best song I’ve ever released, and for some people it still wasn’t enough. I think there are a lot of people who enjoy my music, and for that I’m so thankful, for that I keep going, but I think the next time I do an album it’ll be different. I want to give it one last try before I maybe retire music.” When I ask her about this again, she winces and says, “I need to be careful.” She clarifies that she wants to spend more time producing and to “give myself a real shot at acting.”

Thoughts, Exhale? :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:selena-retire.jpg.0694140a0e78e644a289ef8f404b5ea9.jpg

Related:

• Love 2

‘LYTLM’ went directly to #1 and ‘Look at Her Now’ had massive potential, but she fumbled it and choked.

I think people would’ve taken the ‘Rare’ era more seriously if she had tried AT ALL during the AMA performance. That was the beginning and the end of that era. I’m a huge Selena fan, seen her twice on tour. She can perform when she really wants to. Is she the best performer out there? Nah, but she can give a solid performance. The AMA performance was disrespectful and honestly, dampened the whole era for me, even as a major Stan. So I can just imagine what the GP thought.

I also personally think that, with the lead single and the whole “feel” of the album that she was trying to put out there, the album should’ve been titled “Look at Her Now”...so I think she flubbed that as well. That title fits her narrative wayyyy more than “Rare”

• Love 1
  • Like 6

I like her music. But I like her on screen as well. Put your singing on hold. Rest. And then refresh your acting career Selena. Try on new characters. Netflix Originals, HBO Originals, Disney+, try grab any deal under these platform. People will cherish you again. 

But after all, it’s her decision. As long as she’s happy.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think she means she wants and expects recognition, and she obviously isn't getting it, and most probably won't, because she's a young woman making pop music, so for the media and the GP (minus the gays) she's at the bottom of the bucket. Also, she seems to take herself (and the world around her, honestly) too seriously, so instead of relaxing and simply working hard on what she loves, in her head she's making it all bigger than it really is and that's when she looks desperate, and that way it isn't fun anymore. She's actually amazing in my opinion, but she makes pop music so no, she won't change the world, so chill and enjoy the ride. And if you need money, keep releasing make up, I'm sure she can do both??

• Love 2
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

God, these Vogue covers are freaking AWFUL. WTF? Isn't it ''the bible of fashion''? Embarrassing. Maybe put real models on it. 

It's not Selena's fault tho, clearly someone chooses horrible photos 

Everything under the sun has already been done, so they just look for the quirky snaps so they can somehow stand out.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block