Why do people say Bionic by Xtina was ahead of its time?

14 hours ago, Stefani said:

The Fighters are quite delusional when it comes to Bionic, no offense. So are a lot of Monsters who use the same excuse for  Artpop. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: It's just the de facto argument that stans use when their fave's album underperforms. In regards to Bionic specifically, it was behind the times by at least 2 years. Had it been released in early 2008, it would've probably been a lot more successful imo.

Agree! 

The only album I feel was ahead of it’s time was Blackout 😛

• Love 7
  • Like 2

Because some people are delusional.

The album has an amazing production, that's all.

But its main problem, which fans fail to mention, is that in these songs Xtina, a fantastic artist with a unique personality and charisma, SOUNDS LIKE EVERY ARTIST WITH WHICH SHE COLLABORATES. She got lost in THEIR sound. That's terrible for someone of her caliber. Also, "Lose Myself Tonight" was too in-your-face, just like all her first singles from each album basically (except for "Genie").

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ivobb said:

If bionic is of it’s time how is femme fatale of its time when they are similar styles, but different in a lot of ways 

most mainstream music from 2008-2011 aged like milk in my opinion... i just can't listen to any dancepop from 2008-2011 anymore.

I think one of the easiest ways for an artist to know if their music will sound dated is to take a listen to what else is coming out at the same time and try to avoid copying too many trends. If it's borrowing a lot of other currently-popular elements from other songs, there's a chance that trend will wear itself out and as a result will forever be seen as a sound of the year it was released in.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block