Why do people say Bionic by Xtina was ahead of its time?

The Fighters are quite delusional when it comes to Bionic, no offense. So are a lot of Monsters who use the same excuse for  Artpop. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: It's just the de facto argument that stans use when their fave's album underperforms. In regards to Bionic specifically, it was behind the times by at least 2 years. Had it been released in early 2008, it would've probably been a lot more successful imo.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 4

I have to kindly disagree! Bionic was the album that made me a Christina fan, I’m not like a crazy fan, but that album is her best even better than Stripped for me. The ballads are beautiful, the production is top notch, and there’s not one album like that in the pop world. Not my fault you’re sleeping on it 😴 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

What made the album fail was her having similar looks to Lady Gaga almost to the point of even me confusing the two sometimes in those years, it was confusing to the general public. But good music is good music. Liberation is boring as hell and uninspired, in my view. It’s like lotus but acoustic

• Like 3

Tbh I feel like people will say ‘it was ahead of its time’ to any album that flopped. I haven’t heard the album but I thought it was meant to be electropop sounding and that sound was very popular during the late 2000s and into the early 2010s.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Stefani said:

The Fighters are quite delusional when it comes to Bionic, no offense. So are a lot of Monsters who use the same excuse for  Artpop. :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: It's just the de facto argument that stans use when their fave's album underperforms. In regards to Bionic specifically, it was behind the times by at least 2 years. Had it been released in early 2008, it would've probably been a lot more successful imo.

artpop was already dated on arrival, those awkward madeon dubstep productions...  :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red:

that album ruined her career.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

Britney has always and will always be my number one, but Xtina was once my Dua of today. I loved her and she’s the only other artist whose career I followed religiously growing up. I bought her albums on release dates and everyone knew that Britney and Christina were my girls. Imagine my shock at the 2003 VMAs. BUT Bionic is where she lost me. I still checked for new music and then Lotus really lost me. I have a few favorites from those albums, but I still haven’t listened to an album in full from her since Back to Basics :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block