Have you ever planned your money usage AND failed terribly, plus had a rough time because you failed your plan about money?

LETS NOT FAIL THIS IMPORTANT FORUM SECTION!!! 

i think whenever i have planned my money recent years, i haven't failed that terrible BUT  i have eaten my weekly food faster and ended up having less food in the second period of week. even though i have never been in real hunger (even a time when i was younger and really depressed and kinda malfunctioning in mental health i had some kind of cheap food i guess)

usually in my life ive always had a way to go through financially...spend.jpg.297620f2b17a7bcb7d1b1c49ce98842f.jpg

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you for that topic headline :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

Money affects ALL of our lives so I feel like it's important we talk about it! 

i really think that this is important to open the money chakras and all be examples to each other that money is not bad and we all want to improve our money usage year by year

we need to have everything good about money, use it more wisely  AND have more money year by year

i really think, what have interested and fascinated people, that for me too it is important to make an online product

but there is so much important i don't know about how to make an online presence on internet what would have market value

there are so many distractive products online that promise to teach how to make your product

but i already have ideas...

My family was very poor when I was younger. Now we are doing not bad.

But, that childhood made me worry about money, so I planned out my paycheck so I can put aside money every month. If I have to dip into that saving, I'll try my best to return that money from next paycheck.

Someone may say that I'm not doing the best, I don't own a car and still lives with my parents helping them with mortgage, but for me, I'm doing fine.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, SkyNet said:

My family was very poor when I was younger. Now we are doing not bad.

But, that childhood made me worry about money, so I planned out my paycheck so I can put aside money every month. If I have to dip into that saving, I'll try my best to return that money from next paycheck.

Someone may say that I'm not doing the best, I don't own a car and still lives with my parents helping them with mortgage, but for me, I'm doing fine.

don't you sometimes feel that things get more and more expensive and there is that much less point to save up? i always wonder about that

also, i have no good overview how things have got more and more expensive in time

we got euro and it was crowns before in Estonia

one euro was like 15,6466 crowns

and im like soon the things have really gotten 15 times more expensive  iover ten or so years

I do plan my money usage. I've always (actually since I reached particular age at which I should be able to do so) done it. There were several subject taught in my school about this, so it helped too. Anyway, I haven't failed yet. It appears that either I am a pro or I am so rich so I don't even know that I am failing. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

When I was young my spending habits were wild, I was really into status symbols i.e. designer clothes, latest iphone, drove a benz and that was no good for me financially, as you can imagine.

As I got into my mid twenties I was lucky enough to get to work with and become friends with people that were seriously wealthy, and I learned a lot from them. I was surprised to learn that they put very little value on ephemeral status symbols (in fact, many high wealth people look down on them and find them tacky).  

Since then, I've been focusing on transitioning my wardrobe to clothing brands that are known to produce high quality/durable pieces even if they're obscure labels. Instead of having a closet bursting with fast fashion brands and mall trash, I have a small collection of more timeless highend outfits that I keep custom fitted and dry cleaned, which sounds expensive (and it can be, upfront) but it's much cheaper than what I was doing before in the long run. 

I also learned that no matter how fancy a car you buy, it always eventually loses it's luster after daily use so there's no point in sinking cash into an extravagant ride, so I've learned to love my car even though I can afford something nicer, there's nothing wrong with average and practical. Ultimately, if you're depending on your car to give you personality or make you more likable, then you have other problems. 

I still invest having a nice phone/computer because I see those as the tools I use to make more money, but the older I get, there's only one status symbol I really care about: a fat bank account. 

18 minutes ago, F-ENE-kass said:

and im like soon the things have really gotten 15 times more expensive  iover ten or so years

If the currency is not stable in your country maybe you can consider investing in other currencies, or buying assets like stocks which appreciate in terms relative to your local currency. 

1 minute ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

If the currency is not stable in your country maybe you can consider investing in other currencies, or buying assets like stocks which appreciate in terms relative to your local currency. 

i don't even know what it really means for the currency to be stable or not, i just know things get more and more expensive

we had our national currency but with europ. union came euro

isn't there inflation (what i know as prices getting more expensive) like everywhere?

obviously it is useful for me to discuss here

can you explain yourself more throurougly like in the most Keep It Simple Stupid terms?

what are the good currencies to invest?

do you think i know anything about stocks? i just fear that it is something that would be unstable LOL

anyway, i like youth clothing trends but i handpick only few clothes from them i can tolerate (youth clothing lines have a lot of **** clothes too) and for example my new spring coat is 30 euros and i love it.. i am sure it will serve me in longevity, even if i just bought it. what i love about it is that it is kinda neutral and black. in recent year i only started paying attention to clothes more. it is certainly weird i just buy a spring coat and expect it to have it for many years but in the past one of the spring coats was just like got from a friend used and not that pretty. then next i had one just last year too i bought but i have negative memories around that AND i like the neutral black better what i will be rocking this spring/summer/autumn♥

3 minutes ago, F-ENE-kass said:

i don't even know what it really means for the currency to be stable or not, i just know things get more and more expensive

we had our national currency but with europ. union came euro

isn't there inflation (what i know as prices getting more expensive) like everywhere?

Yes, spot on. Inflation happens everywhere but at different rates at different times. It's kind of dumb and unfair but nobody asked me when the world economy came together. The US dollar for example has an experienced extremely low rate of inflation for the past several years, but that won't always be the case. If the euro is appreciating too rapidly, you can hedge your risk by putting your savings in USD for now, for example. Stocks get a bad wrap for being volatile, they definitely can be, but most global indexes have always trended up and recovered from drops eventually. 

10 minutes ago, F-ENE-kass said:

what i love about it is that it is kinda neutral and black.

I feel you on this. Imo, if your goal is to be trendy, then that's a race you will have to keep up with forever. If you're goal is to look stylish but not constantly spend a fortune, then timeless neutral looks is the way to go. A fun bonus to this strategy is that trendy looks always look tacky years later, so you won't have to worry about looking back at old photos and cringing at pricey outfits you thought were fly a decade ago. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yes, spot on. Inflation happens everywhere but at different rates at different times. It's kind of dumb and unfair but nobody asked me when the world economy came together. The US dollar for example has an experienced extremely low rate of inflation for the past several years, but that won't always be the case. If the euro is appreciating too rapidly, you can hedge your risk by putting your savings in USD for now, for example. Stocks get a bad wrap for being volatile, they definitely can be, but most global indexes have always trended up and recovered from drops eventually. 

I feel you on this. Imo, if your goal is to be trendy, then that's a race you will have to keep up with forever. If you're goal is to look stylish but not constantly spend a fortune, then timeless neutral looks is the way to go. A fun bonus to this strategy is that trendy looks always look tacky years later, so you won't have to worry about looking back at old photos and cringing at pricey outfits you thought were fly a decade ago. 

thanks! you are being so useful.

you saying these things makes sense.

so you think usd is inflating more slowly? (i guess thats what you say?) yeah thats what you say. a very useful tip even if i am still kinda confused and new to this but hey thats why i am getting educated here- okay i think you are really saying things that matter. do you think there are some good websites explaining all this and in a dumb manner lol i mean simple manner??????????? (i hate google it never has gotten me what i want lol)

well yeah this spring coat has words on it like movement etc what make it 'young and youthful"'' and this black is not pale or something, its a nice fabric and everything shines, but yeahhhh it is not something extravagant that would age badly

it is like the middle road

now if i come to think about it it is containing youth and timelessness together

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, F-ENE-kass said:

thanks! you are being so useful.

you saying these things makes sense.

so you think usd is inflating more slowly? (i guess thats what you say?) yeah thats what you say. a very useful tip even if i am still kinda confused and new to this but hey thats why i am getting educated here- okay i think you are really saying things that matter. do you think there are some good websites explaining all this and in a dumb manner lol i mean simple manner??????????? (i hate google it never has gotten me what i want lol)

well yeah this spring coat has words on it like movement etc what make it 'young and youthful"'' and this black is not pale or something, its a nice fabric and everything shines, but yeahhhh it is not something extravagant that would age badly

it is like the middle road

now if i come to think about it it is containing youth and timelessness together

Thanks! I don't know if its the best source but I use investopedia a lot. It can be kind of overwhelming even just learning the vocab and understanding the concepts but you're on the right track already even by just showing interest in financial literacy. Tons of people miss out on wonderful opportunities in life because they simply don't care to learn or think they can't, but the truth is it's not brain surgery, and any time you spend learning puts you miles ahead of those that don't. 

12 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Thanks! I don't know if its the best source but I use investopedia a lot. It can be kind of overwhelming even just learning the vocab and understanding the concepts but you're on the right track already even by just showing interest in financial literacy. Tons of people miss out on wonderful opportunities in life because they simply don't care to learn or think they can't, but the truth is it's not brain surgery, and any time you spend learning puts you miles ahead of those that don't. 

thats true

even giving love to money comes a long way i sometimes ponder..

granted, in today's stores things are overpriced, but bashing this alone doesn't help. but what helps?

truth to be told, lately i have been angry about the obvious monopoly of those (so it seems!!!!) who want to overprice everything. it makes me angry but at the same time i think i should be happy for what i buy

so going another way from thinking that i need to be thankful for money, it often seems i need to be educated tons more... 

yeah..

bit by bit i think i don't have to love money to earn more

like you said something about the ephemeral nature of riches

it seems more and more that we need to be honest and kinda hate money lol

funny isn't it

two conflicting sides in me

i have come to hate money more than love it, honestly

and now an emerging thought in me is that i should not at all try to love money cause money indeed is corrupted for everyone. that loving money is ******* insincere

1 hour ago, F-ENE-kass said:

don't you sometimes feel that things get more and more expensive and there is that much less point to save up? i always wonder about that

also, i have no good overview how things have got more and more expensive in time

we got euro and it was crowns before in Estonia

Oh absolutely, everything is upped in price constantly. 

I don't save up for something in particular. It's more like rainy day fund. We don't have health insurance here, as it too expensive and mostly not worth it. So I'd like to know that if something happens to me or someone in my family I don't had to worry about paying for it. (Touch the wood it never needed to that purpose)

It's definitely wise to save money to a degree. You also don't want to be so stingy that you don't live life either! 

I have a RRSP and TFSA account in investments. I don't bother with high interest RRSP savings account because of inflation. My only high-interest saving account involves setting aside 6 months worth of savings in case of emergencies - that's it. 

I have all the furniture etc... I need. Work is 5 minutes away (pre-pandemic) and with my student card, I take the bus for free everywhere. I don't go to restaurants when I can eat healthy at home. I have one pair of jeans. One pair of dress paints a few shirts, pjs, and I'm good. 

I just pay rent (for now), food, phone bill, a few apps. That's it. I love what I do, so I focus on my work and I go to the gym (which is free in my apartment).

In my off time, I love concerts, go to the park (maybe BBQ), and travel. Which is far and between right. I'm honestly happy. I don't need luxuries.

Next year, if I am a RA again, my rent will be free. I'll save a year up for that condo I want that's really cheap in this small town where I have a fairly lucrative career.

Even then, I have the kind of work where if I work 4 hours a day I'm good financially. I can even take weeks off if I wanted to, which is great. But I do feel I devote enough time to others things or relax or focus on my well-being/self-care. After a while I found this a bit lonely since most people are working so I end up spending most of my time on my own or friends. I'm not really complaining, but I prefer to work because otherwise life can seem lacking in substance.  Want to get back to YouTubing a little on the side. I also don't find that much meaning anymore having material things and being flashy about it inadvertently. I think a simple life is the way to go. Really nice place, a meaningful and purposeful job, peaceful life, good people (avoiding toxic relationships), is the best route. It's all about longevity for me. Lots of people pursue fame and fortune really early on ... and honestly, something stable and sustainable over time I believe will be rewarding that chasing temporary highs. So if you ever feel that you are not financially stable, don't worry about. Just do what makes you happy, regardless of how much you make or how financially stable you are. 

However, I'm also spending from a person that is single. I don't know if I will have kids or a partner someday. This might change, but honestly, I found myself more balanced single than in a codependent relationship where I made decisions based on fleeting romantic feelings or infatuation. Like with anything, take your time, find a stable partner that's balanced in where they are in their life, and if not, enjoy your life on your own as authentically as possible. Life is ultimately about finding yourself. You are not in a race and it is unnecessary to compare yourself to other people.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block