Little Mix's 'Shout Out To My Ex' is the most streamed song by a girl group of all time in the UK

Slayer

Little Mix's 'Shout Out To My Ex' is the most streamed song by a girl group of all time in the UK :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

It was Little Mix's lead single off their 4th album and it spent 3 weeks at #1 in the UK. 

The song was written by the girls and is believed to be about Perrie's ex Zayn Malik from One Direction. They were together for 4 years and were engaged when he ended their engagement via text. Perrie is seen throwing away a gift Zayn gave her in the music video.

The song also won the girls their first ever Brit award (UK version of a Grammy), where they dedicated their win to their exes :wink_britney_everytime_white:

rsz_952e9fcb0db0cf03c6fb0f856c30e7021000x420x1.png.3114c544b7a4ec454b18747406e69c28.png

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

That is one of the most childish songs, and it made me dislike them as a band, but hooray, I guess. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

I wonder what you think of some of Britney's discography then :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

No need to be rude, gets you nowhere. I recommend listening to Sweet Melody, if you don't like that you definitely lack taste.

• Love 2
On 3/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, Slayer said:

I wonder what you think of some of Britney's discography then :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

No need to be rude, gets you nowhere. I recommend listening to Sweet Melody, if you don't like that you definitely lack taste.

I do have trouble with some of Brit's songs as well, but luckily they aren't the most streamed or celebrated ones.

I haven't really tried to get into them enough. I wasn't trying to be rude, they are well liked and all of the members seem very sweet, intelligent and self-aware, but those song lyrics are none of that (and quite the opposite). It's a revenge song for an ex you haven't gotten over, thinking you could hurt them/make them jealous with putting out their dirty laundry after they have ended the relationship, masked as a "power" anthem for self-love. I chose my exes, and surely some of them were toxic, but girl, if you have faked enjoying ***/faking it for years, then surely some of the blame is on you. 

• Love 1

After great first singles like Wings, Move and Black Magic, this one never got me when it got released.

I gave it another try lately and I have to say it's cute, I like the guitar in it, I think it's used differently than in most of their singles.

Good for them tho, the Glory Days era was very big and they deserve the success as an unproblematic, strong and supporting girl group.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block