Lil Mama's transphobic rant

I think it’s is a complicated issue when it comes to children :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: Trans activist Blair White and many others in the trans community actually agree with not giving puberty blockers to children due to the permanent effects and the many detransitioned people who have come forward to tell their stories. Or at least there should be a lot medical review with parents involvement. I think there’s a middle ground and going too far either way is a problem :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: But Lil Mama did not engage in respectful dialogue.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

Im just trying to understand why do people get butthurt over the fact some kid out there, that belongs to some parent out there, that they dont personally even know, wishes to change gender? How exactly does this influence her or anyone else? It's beyond me how people simply WONT LET OTHERS LIVE THEIR LIVES THE WAY THEY WANT. 

Usually when I say this to transphobes/homophobes, they try to play the pedophillia card, something in terms of "SO PEDOPHILES CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT AS WELL CANT THEY?!?!?" to which i simply reply, everything needs to be consensual. Nothing pedophiles do has any consent to it, therefore, it will always be banned and prohibited as it is predatory behavior (not to mention sick). 

Let others live pls. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hillareet said:

they clearly heard it somewhere - probably the news.. the media perpetuates mis/disinformation. I do not think the people agreeing are transphobic.. seems to me like anyone that has a differing opinion is deemed immediately as such and that isn’t fair. if this isn’t true then why would anyone be upset that people are not on board?

Can you point to a reputable news outlet that reports on children "cutting off their" genitalia to transition? :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

If by media, you mean Facebook posts and fox news, then sure. Transphobic propaganda is what this is. Characterizing reassignment surgery as the hacking off of body parts, especially targeting children, is peak transphobia and not just a matter of "having a differing opinion". 

We can have conversations about transgenderism that are nuanced but once you start describing transitioning as some violent hack job where innocent children are the victims ,you are being dishonest and an obvious bigot, imo. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Korb said:

Can you point to a reputable news outlet that reports on children "cutting off their" genitalia to transition? :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

If by media, you mean Facebook posts and fox news, then sure. Transphobic propaganda is what this is. Characterizing reassignment surgery as the hacking off of body parts, especially targeting children, is peak transphobia and not just a matter of "having a differing opinion". 

We can have conversations about transgenderism that are nuanced but once you start describing transitioning as some violent hack job where innocent children are the victims ,you are being dishonest and an obvious bigot, imo. 

I stated above I haven’t heard anything ab this because I do not watch the news, lolol. so no, I definitely cannot point out where they are hearing this but I just said they have to be hearing it somewhere bc who the **** makes something like that up out of the blue and for what reason? it makes no sense to me... but, the internet sometimes makes no sense. often times... haha. I am sure that people spread disinformation and misinformation on Facebook, that is why I am also not there... thanks for giving me a chance to hear your perspective! I see what you mean a little better now and I wouldn’t have been able to understand if you hadn’t responded. I support whoever feels it will give them a better quality of life to transition, wholeheartedly.. it is unfortunate people spread lies to make things seem like something they are not.. but alas, here we are.. 

• Love 1

I Don't agree with her  but on this one specifically ,She's right though, children are not supposed to make such decisions , children should be children , gender is not something they should be concerned with , just like they should do ***** or drive a car or have *** , some things are meant to be done when you reach puberty , it's sad how the media or the norm is now shoving gender identity down children's throats , like honestly when I was a child I didn't care about those things I just wanted to play with friends and be innocent and enjoy my childhood.... Let's keep it that way . For their own good .....

• Love 3
  • Like 3
41 minutes ago, ExXL said:

She's right though, children are not supposed to make such decisions , children should be children ,  

Children are literally not able to make those decisions. It's already illegal. So no, she's NOT right. JFC!

44 minutes ago, ExXL said:

like honestly when I was a child I didn't care about those things I just wanted to play with friends and be innocent and enjoy my childhood

You didn't care about those things because you're not transgendered so it's not your problem. Children are still human beings and have complex emotions and complex experiences. When I was a child, I knew I was gay and that brought me a lot of anxiety and difficulties understanding what it meant and learning to accept myself. Maybe I was not innocent enough for you:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:
You don't get to erase or invalidate the experience of others because you personally can't relate or because they're younger than you.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block