The grammy predictions are in. Billie Eilish and Taylor swift are predicted to be the night's big winner, while Dua lipa will be the night's biggest upset

Spicechinodiva

So the infamous Las Vegas predictions are in and they're never wrong. 

I shared it on my timeline and everybody said, we knew all along this was going to happen.  

The nights biggest winners are expected to Be Billie eilish and Taylor swift,  even Billboard predicts Taylor will make history as the first female to win album of the year 3 times under 3 different genres of music..

Billie is expected to win song of the year and record of the year, a second consecutive victory.

Best new artist is predicted to Megan Thee Stallion.  

The predictions of the night's biggest shutout (aka the Ariana grande this year). 

They predict Dua Lipa to walk away empty handed. 

I knew this would happen given that Grammys goes to favoritism and loves a good redemption story especially Folklore being Taylor's most nominated album since 2012's RED. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

It would be horrible if Dua isnt rewarded as an artist, she and the weeknd were the first to start the disco pop trend, and for her as a new artists, its a huge risk to get out of the mold, but it paid out.

However, knowing Grammys, all the ****tiest albums will get rewards. I mean folklore was dull to most ppl but ok. Im not even gonna comment on Yawnsitions by Lazyanna Grande :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

14 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

It would be horrible if Dua isnt rewarded as an artist, she and the weeknd were the first to start the disco pop trend, and for her as a new artists, its a huge risk to get out of the mold, but it paid out.

However, knowing Grammys, all the ****tiest albums will get rewards. I mean folklore was dull to most ppl but ok. Im not even gonna comment on Yawnsitions by Lazyanna Grande :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

Hey, there are other genres besides dance pop and both Ari and Tay dipped into them. Commercial success doesn't mean high quality all the time. Although I wouldn't say this for Dua, Ari or Tay. All 3 women had successful eras and they were all experimental for them. 

Dua brought back the 80's nostalgic vibe. Classic pop song arrangement and composition. Same goes for the lyrics. Sick beat, great visuals. She stepped up her game, big time. 

Taylor brought some excellent song-writing skills. She told a story. Created characters, added intertextuality. The songs were simplistic and even minimalistic. She created a specific mood that people needed for their gloomy days during the pandemic. It's not something to dance your *** off to but that doesn't make it bad. It's just a different genre. Different artistry. 

Same goes for Ariana. Ariana's been known for her pop music and she decided to experiment with R&B. More explicit lyrics. Amazing vocals but a very chill album overall. It has its own mood as well. 

What I'm trying to say is that they've all done different things and contributed to the music industry in very different ways with their music. At this point, my guess will be that the Grammy's will look for who's done a better job as an artist, who was the more creative person within the different categories. At keast that's what I would do if I were in a panel.

That's not to say that the Grammy's have not demonstrated some very questionable behaviour and choices during the years. But that's another story. 

Each artist can be appreciated in different ways without having the need to drag others. And btw, I personally prefer Future Nostalgia but I think Taylor nailed it this time with Folklore/Evermore. As for Ariana, although Positions hasn't been my favourite album of hers, I'm still glad that she changed it up a bit with a different style. 

Looking forward to what each of those ladies will do with their music. 

• Super Mods
37 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Hey, there are other genres besides dance pop and both Ari and Tay dipped into them. Commercial success doesn't mean high quality all the time. Although I wouldn't say this for Dua, Ari or Tay. All 3 women had successful eras and they were all experimental for them. 

Dua brought back the 80's nostalgic vibe. Classic pop song arrangement and composition. Same goes for the lyrics. Sick beat, great visuals. She stepped up her game, big time. 

Taylor brought some excellent song-writing skills. She told a story. Created characters, added intertextuality. The songs were simplistic and even minimalistic. She created a specific mood that people needed for their gloomy days during the pandemic. It's not something to dance your *** off to but that doesn't make it bad. It's just a different genre. Different artistry. 

Same goes for Ariana. Ariana's been known for her pop music and she decided to experiment with R&B. More explicit lyrics. Amazing vocals but a very chill album overall. It has its own mood as well. 

What I'm trying to say is that they've all done different things and contributed to the music industry in very different ways with their music. At this point, my guess will be that the Grammy's will look for who's done a better job as an artist, who was the more creative person within the different categories. At keast that's what I would do if I were in a panel.

That's not to say that the Grammy's have not demonstrated some very questionable behaviour and choices during the years. But that's another story. 

Each artist can be appreciated in different ways without having the need to drag others. And btw, I personally prefer Future Nostalgia but I think Taylor nailed it this time with Folklore/Evermore. As for Ariana, although Positions hasn't been my favourite album of hers, I'm still glad that she changed it up a bit with a different style. 

Looking forward to what each of those ladies will do with their music. 

woke king tbh :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:I love this comment :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: Now take your pants off :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

I feel like the grammys have a history of shutting out dance pop (disco infused) albums. If its not edgy, alternative or indie enough then they shut it out or give them a grammy in the dance category :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: i honestly dont care anymore and havent watched them since 2017. They will need to rebrand soon because the newer generation thinks the grammys are “uncool” so see ya later sinking academy 

19 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

As much as Dua had a generally well recieved album, I dont think she deserves a win in any category over other artists. 

She had a few cute singles but other artist had acclaim. Commercial and critical.

Ummm...what? That doesn't make sense for anything u said? Dua Lipa had the second most critically-acclaimed pop album after SAWAYAMA. She had collected 4 hits from the FN era (Dont Start Now, Physical, Break My Heart and Levitating) and she basically was in everyones quranantine playlist and was serving us dance pop music to dance too. I dont see at all why she shouldnt win any grammys when she even started and leaded the 70s-80s Disco trend. So she had impact as well with the FN era. I think it's okay not to like an artist but to discredit them or give no props to them it's just plain delu :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ummm...what? That doesn't make sense for anything u said? Dua Lipa had the second most critically-acclaimed pop album after SAWAYAMA. She had collected 4 hits from the FN era (Dont Start Now, Physical, Break My Heart and Levitating) and she basically was in everyones quranantine playlist and was serving us dance pop music to dance too. I dont see at all why she shouldnt win any grammys when she even started and leaded the 70s-80s Disco trend. So she had impact as well with the FN era. I think it's okay not to like an artist but to discredit them or give no props to them it's just plain delu :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

She had a cute pop album. She didn't reinvent disco. Nothing ground breaking. In each category she is in, there are more deserving artist.

6 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

She had a cute pop album. She didn't reinvent disco. Nothing ground breaking. In each category she is in, there are more deserving artist.

Taylor had a cute folk-pop album. She didnt reinvent folk. Nothing ground breaking. In each category she is in, there are more deserving artist 

:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Archived