Today has been very stressful

ChromaticaGlory

Today hasn't been my day at all. Someone honked their horn at me for no particular reason when I was trying to get to the bank, and get some money out for bills, my mom was asking me for money, and annoying me about it (asked me for $150 first, asked me for $200 the next time, told my dad I was sending her $300 after that, and then asked me for $70 for her phone bill, and medicines), so I'm just stressed, and needed to vent. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, and I don't like it at all.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agh. Have you discussed it with other family members? It seems like a complicated situation especially when family and money are involved. It's a tricky one. I can't give you a better piece of advice as I don't know you but I'd say let it pass some time so you can think clearly about it, with as fewer emotions involved as possible. Relationships and money don't work very well hand in hand so you'll probably have to prioritise. :/ Best of luck! 

1 minute ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Agh. Have you discussed it with other family members? It seems like a complicated situation especially when family and money are involved. It's a tricky one. I can't give you a better piece of advice as I don't know you but I'd say let it pass some time so you can think clearly about it, with as fewer emotions involved as possible. Relationships and money don't work very well hand in hand so you'll probably have to prioritise. :/ Best of luck! 

Oh, I have, and I, point blank, told my mom that she can't be annoying me about money every single time I talk to her. It gets stressful, and aggravating to me. My dad, and stepmother agree with me too

I get your frustration. I think that communication is the key. Personally i would first wonder where she spends her money and whether she makes "useless" expenses or not (supposing that she has a fixed income). 

Then I would explain how I felt with a gentle way and try to find a solution (eg saving some money, so as to make ends meet).

I hope it works out for you and for her.

So sorry to hear you’ve had a stressful day. I hope it improved!

I think it’s really admirable  you help your family out... but you can only do so much and it shouldn’t be your responsibility to pay their bills on top of your own.

If you feel like your kindness is being taken for granted than I would definitely stand my ground and set some boundaries. 

11 minutes ago, nwonder said:

So sorry to hear you’ve had a stressful day. I hope it improved!

I think it’s really admirable  you help your family out... but you can only do so much and it shouldn’t be your responsibility to pay their bills on top of your own.

If you feel like your kindness is being taken for granted than I would definitely stand my ground and set some boundaries. 

It's definitely improving now. I had some time to relax, and think about things.

I helped my mom out with her phone bill, and medicines, but that's all I could do. I only get paid so much a week right now, so I can't do a whole lot with the limited amount of money I do have.

I had to set some boundaries with her earlier. She didn't like it, but I told her, respectfully, that she can't be bringing up wanting my money, or asking me about it every time I talk to her because it mentally drains me :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Archived