Britney as Laura Palmer

pop analyst

This is not the first time that someone correlates Britney the quintessential American Girl with Laura Palmer her countertpart in 'Twin Peaks', the dark alternative tv series of the late 80's early 90's. In this page i saw two paragraphs that the speaker analyses the similarities that Britney's public life as well as her personal one has with the fictional character more than once; the part about the perfume counter that in reality is a door that leads the good girls to the other side that is, the high class prostitution ring for teenage girls. This striked me because there are certain 'conspiracy' theories that denote the exact same thing for the music industry or simply the people than handled her in the Industry from a young age.

https://www.culturedmag.com/britney-spears-the-eye-of-the-hurricane/

Here is my fav article on the Blackout album that is Britney in the 'Black Lodge'; 

https://pitchfork.com/features/poptimist/6734-poptimist-10/ 

mixed with 'Twin Peaks' theme; On one level Palmer's story is a cliché-- sour secrets of the suburban everygirl, virginal beauty off the rails-- but it's a cliché we seem to have an endless appetite for: Witness the fascination with Britney Spears and her messy life. Britney's disastrous VMAs performance-- speaking of dead eyes and jerky shuffles-- has set much of the tone for reviews of her new album, Blackout. 

your thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so strange bc I always say thissss.

that Britney is the Laura Palmer of our universe.:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

such a big David Lynch & twin peaks fan so that Everytime mashup is one of my fave songs ever.

omg but britney in the black lodge ?!? 😵💫 never thought about that before. gonna read the article

On 3/8/2021 at 12:31 AM, femmepop said:

so strange bc I always say thissss.

that Britney is the Laura Palmer of our universe.:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

such a big David Lynch & twin peaks fan so that Everytime mashup is one of my fave songs ever.

omg but britney in the black lodge ?!? 😵💫 never thought about that before. gonna read the article

the same goes for me and i believe it may be true

Archived