Britney Spears Live From Las Vegas 2001 REMASTERED

Happy Saturday, Exhale!

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm::mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm::mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I realized I've never seen the entire Dream Within a Dream tour before from start to finish. I've seen most of the clips, but never together or with the intros/outros/interludes.

I looked up the HBO Live from Las Vegas 2001 special on Prime, Xfinity, etc, but couldn't find it available anywhere so I looked it up on YouTube, and found the full special uploaded in the below link.

This was just uploaded January 2021 so this is a fairly new, and enhanced with AI software so the quality looks great, even on a TV. 

My first thoughts are that so much of the imagery in this tour seems oddly premonitory of what was to come in her life. 

Enjoy!

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

• Love 7
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Wait I just saw the music box segment, listen to what that older man tell girl :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking: 

This is scary 

Right.... And that older man in Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie's father. Someone else who has an extremely complicated relationship with her father.

(heard this comparison on We need to talk about Britney podcast which i thought was an amazing observation)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Between this tour and the Hollywood house that she left... This is the only explanation that makes sense.

:britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

Then you have Lucky. It’s creepy af. I just played the video a few hours ago and it never fails to haunt me. Never mind Overprotected but I do feel that was more intentional. 

19 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Man I just smoke some w**d & im blown away about how a lot of music she made back then  came to be really her life in the future. Overprotected performance just creep the F out me. We already know how song is pretty much what her life has become, but in that performance you see on the screen her bald :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: she knew what her life was going to be or god/universe tried to warned her. it’s really scary. She’s in a cage too on that same screen.

I feel like Overprotected was just her warning us and that when you think a certain way it can totally manifest. I’m more creeped out by Lucky.

3 hours ago, dran said:

Let's be real, Britney is also psychic, we just didn't know at the time.

Lowkey sometimes I wonder if her entire career is like a giant self-fulfilling prophecy. She has so many songs and moments that are just too on the nose for how her life turned out. It's scarily fascinating.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

Let’s talk about every time. She ended up up taken in an ambulance the same exact way.

Not to mention in the original concept she wanted to die but her label thought it was too dark so they gave it a lighter ending.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1655197/stephen-dorff-takes-britney-spears-everytime-scene-by-scene/

Also Mona Lisa is a very on the nose song.

**puts on tin foil hat** Britney's been trying to tell us for a minute

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, pop analyst said:

* fav point of discussion

take a look;

POP REVIEW; Exchanging Her Halo For a Cloak of Darkness

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/09/movies/pop-review-exchanging-her-halo-for-a-cloak-of-darkness.html

Love this!! Thank you for sharing. 

I totally got the dark rockstar vibe too- Especially with that Oops opening and the long black coat.

This was definitely a side of Britney that the world hadn't seen yet.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Man I just smoke some w**d & im blown away about how a lot of music she made back then  came to be really her life in the future. Overprotected performance just creep the F out me. We already know how song is pretty much what her life has become, but in that performance you see on the screen her bald head :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: she knew what her life was going to be or god/universe tried to warned her. it’s really scary. She’s in a cage too on that same screen.

Nothing like watching Britney after a bl**t and go to the mirror and do the work ***** choreo.