Favorite/Best Britney AUTOTUNED song?

?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2021 at 8:29 PM, dr34mc0r3 said:

I’m only familiar with the Uffie & Charlie tracks. Charli can actually sing without it, it’s just her new style sonically. Uffie on the other hand is so awful, this was the same album that had Pop the Glock. Worst vocalist ever & she’ll even admit it. I enjoyed her processed vocals alot more than her awful “rap/talk” tracks

46 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Yeah they used Melodyne i believe, i recognize the sound

I’m a recording artist/songwriter & you won’t able be able to detect GOOD Melodyne. Melodyne breaks down every vocal take note by note gives you the ability to shift whatever note recorded that is off into the note that sounds better, while keeping as much of the organic vocal intact as possible. Piece of me was processed to intentionally have the robotic sound, Bloodshy & Avant did the same robotic vocals in Radar & My Prerogative there’s just mixed in the background. Not 100% sure what they used go create whatever you wanna call the sound they achieved, but I definitely know there’s a vocoder buried in the mix of all 3 tracks I mentioned which heavily contribute to the digital/robotic sound

3 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

I’m only familiar with the Uffie & Charlie tracks. Charli can actually sing without it, it’s just her new style sonically. Uffie on the other hand is so awful, this was the same album that had Pop the Glock. Worst vocalist ever & she’ll even admit it. I enjoyed her processed vocals alot more than her awful “rap/talk” tracks

Yeah, i mostly linked Japanese pop songs that were produced by Yasutaka Nakata because i think they're a perfect example of extremely processed vocals , it's not for everyone's taste for sure, it's quite hard to get into at first.

Yasutaka Nakata does things with autotune that make American producers sound like they're trying to pass signals through a kazoo. He takes advantage of the different artifacts that Melodyne and Auto-Tune can produce. He likes to keep the artifacts and natural distortion/bending/degradation in the sound. Because it goes well with that kind of electronic pop. The common Auto-Tune effect is what gives you the stepping when singing different notes, but there's a lot more going on in those vocals. Many sound pitched up, sped up, sliced, diced, harmonized, crushed, comped, compressed, heavily EQ'd and God only knows what else.

As for Uffie, i think her debut album was a bit lackluster, it could have been much better, which is why she kinda disappeared after it, but there are still some cool tracks on there, like that "Our Song" one. I personally think tone is more important than being a good singer, and Uffie had an interesting tone back then.

8 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

I’m a recording artist/songwriter & you won’t able be able to detect GOOD Melodyne. Melodyne breaks down every vocal take note by note gives you the ability to shift whatever note recorded that is off into the note that sounds better, while keeping as much of the organic vocal intact as possible. Piece of me was processed to intentionally have the robotic sound, Bloodshy & Avant did the same robotic vocals in Radar & My Prerogative there’s just mixed in the background. Not 100% sure what they used go create whatever you wanna call the sound they achieved, but I definitely know there’s a vocoder buried in the mix of all 3 tracks I mentioned which heavily contribute to the digital/robotic sound

Yeah, i'm familiar with it, i also make music, i mostly use an old version of Melodyne from 2006 that i downloaded on a torrent site, I like using older versions of pitch correction softwares for a more robotic sound because i've noticed that they tend to sound more and more polished with each updates. The latest version of Melodyne doesn't create the same artifacts. They always update the algorithm with each new version to make it sound more natural.

This is something i've made with a Madonna acapella :

and Britney's Piece of Me acapella

I would bet money that there's no autotune on Britney's voice on her first 3 albums, definitely first two. The background singer on Overprotected is very autotuned though.

Piece of Me is a vocoder. 

Her MOST autotuned albums are Circus, FF and Britney Jean. Glorys is the most subtle.

15 hours ago, AreYouReady said:

Nope. Its a circus demo, recorded in 2008. Myah Marie has told it herself during a Q&A on breatheheavy. 

Again, sorry for ruining this for you.:kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

It just leaked in the circus era, it doesn't mean it's from that era (CFS is from Blackout). For exemple, Everyday leaked in 2011 does that mean it's from the Femme Fatale era? no and it's from Circus. 

Instant Deja Vu leaked in 2017 too but is it from Glory? NO. 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, danny1994 said:

The processed sound you hear in Piece Of Me is more FX and not autotune

Yes, it's not primarily from AutoTune.

Piece of Me definitely has pitch-correction. Whether it's Auto-Tune or Melodyne doesn't matter as it's fairly light (Compared to "3", for example).

The sound of the vocals in the verses of PoM is achieved with mostly layering (A one octave down-pitched overdub with formant shifting is my guess).

On 3/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, Avatar said:

I would bet money that there's no autotune on Britney's voice on her first 3 albums, definitely first two. The background singer on Overprotected is very autotuned though.

Piece of Me is a vocoder. 

Her MOST autotuned albums are Circus, FF and Britney Jean. Glorys is the most subtle.

This is correct. AutoTune didn't become a thing until 1998 and most producers wouldn't really start to use it until much later (other than for robotic effects).

Max Martin was meticulous with recording massive amounts of takes to get a perfect vocal.

Pitch-correction (through pitch-shifting) has been around for a long time. It was used more for adjusting a phrase that was slightly flat rather than fixing wobbly pitch or poorly executed melisma (note-gliding).

Glory doesn't have that much pitch-correction. But it's done in a very sloppy way at times.

Archived