Why aren't fans admitting their part in Britney's breakdown?

What I liked about Framing Britney Spears is that it isn't just about the c-ship, but also about framing her whole life and how she got there.

And a huge part of her deterioration came from yes the media scrunity, but also about part of the fanbase wanting her to please them at all costs. Britney always been criticized. Her ITZ performance that we all reever now were deemed too inapropriate, and a lot of the fans were already spilling their "I miss the old Britney bull****" by then, she was never really fully allowed to express and grow herself artistically and people always wanted to control her, hence her "rebellion" phase. 

Until now it's the same bull, you go to her recent performance videos, even ones she did great, like the 2016 VMA and BMA, and most of the comments are comparing her to her former self and being critical, with stuff like "she's robotic". Even Ali said that what put her down many times in 2007 was going online and reading negative press / comments. So yeah, if you dont like it, skip it, she's not here to please everybody, and she said that herself that trying to please was part of what led to her problems.

Also, most of the people that criticize her performances have a hard time getting out of the tub, but want to come for a 40 years old mother of two doing choreo the 20s of today could never pull off. 

Gurl bye :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because a lot of what you’re saying happened among fans wasn’t actually among fans. The people screaming for Her to be less provocative during in the zone are the same ones that are now saying they love Britney on their podcasts yet say they don’t really want to get into the conservatorship. The fans were never saying she was crazy, a bad mother or putting her in mental health facilities she didn’t need to be in. Yes the fans have been harsh in the past, mainly during femme fatale, but they’re not the reason she lost her rights and IMO the ‘mental breakdown’ was a farce constructed by her team in order to rein her back in so they could keep making money off of her despite her not wanting to work. She is not now and has never been crazy. 

I was good with every single thing, even the 07 VMAs - didn’t bother me. (LOVE the M+M’s Tour) Then came 2008 & I could tell she was being medicated & I, personally, know how hard it is to operate on psychotropic meds. I’ve always known that was the main “culprit” performance-wise. 

I can only speak for myself. I never once joined in calling her Lazyney, or criticized her for being different than she used to be because I always felt like I knew (& empathized) with the reasoning behind. 

2 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

I was good with every single thing, even the 07 VMAs - didn’t bother me. (LOVE the M+M’s Tour) Then came 2008 & I could tell she was being medicated & I, personally, know how hard it is to operate on psychotropic meds. I’ve always known that was the main “culprit” performance-wise. 

I can only speak for myself. I never once joined in calling her Lazyney, or criticized her for being different than she used to be because I always felt like I knew (& empathized) with the reasoning behind. 

This person is an idiot. We were all children/young teens when the Cship was put into place. 

10 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Then came 2008 & I could tell she was being medicated & I, personally, know how hard it is to operate on psychotropic meds. I’ve always known that was the main “culprit” performance-wise. 

My acquaintance at work, who took antipsychotics for 2 years, said it was a miracle that Britney was able to perform at all and that this was most likely thanks to her initial excellent coordination and strength.

Uh I was only 8 when the conservatorship begun 

But yeah you older fans are just as guilty for Britney, Being forced to do the femme fatale tour... if you noticed that something wasn’t right about her, then why continue to support her. But all the fans cared about was that she looked like “Britney” again..

The “Britney” look comments are another problem too

hmm well I will glady remove myself from this situation since this has nothing to do with me :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye::iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi:

Britney loves her fans and always mentioned if it wasn’t for the fans that she wouldn’t be here meaning successful! It’s not the fans fault she’s in a C Ship or melted down! Til this day the fans give her love and support and still pay for her shoes products and music! 

I think it’s a reach to expect fans to apologize if anything it’s the media and the folks around her and bloggers that need to say sorry! Yes fans judge and can be over the top but I don’t agree that their part of the reason for the breakdown or c ship!

Archived