SmileHeavy: Katy Perry’s “Smile” Sold More Than 1.25 Million Worldwide Sales

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The millenial to generation z generation stan her but just dont check for her nowadays. She still remains a symbol of the music teens would bop too ie in her teenage dream era and still remains an icon for the generation z since she defined our childhood. It's such a useless generalization to say only kids like her :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Katy is looked back upon with embarrassment by most teens, so no. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: 

• Haha 3
On 3/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, Hungry Hun said:

Well she released 4 stand alone singles in the spam of 1 year before the album was even announced, and the 3 most played singles were included in the tracklist.  So I imagine the sps count had a very considerable impact in sales overall. I just dont get why she didnt included Small Talk, its not a bad song and goes well along with other tracks from Smile and could push the number higher.

Its one of the new strategies for the streaming era though. This is and making 2 minutes songs. Sam Smith did the same thing, all the stand alone singles he released and promoted way before the album were included in it by release making the sps numbers sky rock in the end.

I wish Britney could use this. Spend a year promoting 3 to 4 singles to include them in the new album and save the actual banger for the album release along with a documentary/show like she did for the ABC Special. Its better than release the first single, release the album, then a while later release the second single and then forget about the era. 

In this world it’s a decent strategy but people really get tired of multiple singles if they are lackluster. I vote two singles prior and then the main lead. We can’t wish for more than 4 singles on a Britney era now anyways.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:22 AM, BritFreakDownUnder said:

Smile is the only Katy Perry album I have listened to in full . I would never listen to witness because chain to the rhythm totally was not good and the beginning of her down fall / hate . But all that hate made me respect her More , and I found daises relatable and thought most songs of smile were actually good for a Katy perry album 

🤷🏻‍♂️🙋🏽‍♀️

CTTR is a certified bop, tf. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block