SmileHeavy: Katy Perry’s “Smile” Sold More Than 1.25 Million Worldwide Sales

Katy Perry just recently updated her biography on Spotify, and revealed that her fifth studio album, Smile, has sold more than 1 million copies despite the poor performance in worldwide music charts. The figures are still impressive considering it was released six months ago compare to it’s predecessor, Witness, that managed to only sold more than 3 million copies in span of four years.

156931140_804986730102467_58448416682935

156497002_1867083266775515_9069309871387

Currently, the pop star is busy manning the 18th season of American Idol for the third time, while the anticipation of her newest project with Pokemon’s anniversary is set to hit this summer.

Electric is coming!

rsz_katyperry.thumb.jpg.744fe6483b78577558ffc5633c64b90d.jpg

• Love 1

Smile is the only Katy Perry album I have listened to in full . I would never listen to witness because chain to the rhythm totally was not good and the beginning of her down fall / hate . But all that hate made me respect her More , and I found daises relatable and thought most songs of smile were actually good for a Katy perry album 

🤷🏻‍♂️🙋🏽‍♀️

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

It sold more than Folklore did in its first week? (1.1 million) :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised: So where are the Katy haters, huh? I dont see them no :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: so much for their desperate and obsessive hating on Katy, we love to see them seethingT :clown_meme__makeup_green:

I am confused. You know Smile only sold 1.25m copies after almost a year?

Taylor's first week (1.1) was well...of the first week only AND US only....

Not sure if you were being serious but Smile never, at any point, outsold Folklore...

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Not being shady but how are they counting these streams? They're framing it as if she did this all upon release, but the album has been out in full for six months and tumbled off the charts faster than it entered them.

Half of this album was songs that were released before an album was even announced, songs like Never Really Over were out for what? A year and a half?

Like, they're very much stretching the success of this album, when it was a ultimately flop in every sense. No commercial success, no critical success, no hit singles etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I am confused. You know Smile only sold 1.25m copies after almost a year?

Taylor's first week (1.1) was well...of the first week only AND US only....

Not sure if you were being serious but Smile never, at any point, outsold Folklore...

Sorry I misread the title. I thought he was saying new reports found out that it sold 1.25 million in its first week. My bad..

• Haha 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block