Do you look at Britney through rose-tinted glasses

Goten21

Do you  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My best friend always says that Britney could take a dump on that stage and I would die a happy life and he's not wrong lol

Dreamy photo effect: look through rose-colored glasses

I also feel like I don't glorify her performances but then I posted a thread on here once praising her post-2007 performances and got lashed for it, so maybe I do view her through rose-tinted glasses who knows.

But most of you guys kind of have tragic taste so idk

Btw, if you answered yes on that Work ***** poll, answer yes again :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I recognize she's had her bad moments (Blackout, for example :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: ) but I genuinely believe when I think she's the best out there, at least, for my generation.

Thing is, when I discovered her as a kid, I also liked other artists, other kind of music, but she always stood up as the best one, and that's why she became my fave. Everything she's done afterwards, of course I can see the flaws, but whenever I see her I see everything else she's done, her current self always represents her entire legacy.

When I saw her in Vegas in 2017, I was looking at her just a few feet away from me, and I couldn't stop thinking, she's the one that did BOMT and OIDIA videos, she's the one that did all those VMAs performances, she did Toxic, she did Britney Jean :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: and it's like, how can you forget about that? How can you see her and "objectively" judge her, when you know everything that she represents?

52 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

My best friend always says that Britney could take a dump on that stage and I would die a happy life and he's not wrong lol

I mean, what is wrong with our Queen using the stage like that??? If it's high art??:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Change your friends. :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, I recognize she's had her bad moments (Blackout, for example :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: ) but I genuinely believe when I think she's the best out there, at least, for my generation.

Thing is, when I discovered her as a kid, I also liked other artists, other kind of music, but she always stood up as the best one, and that's why she became my fave. Everything she's done afterwards, of course I can see the flaws, but whenever I see her I see everything else she's done, her current self always represents her entire legacy.

When I saw her in Vegas in 2017, I was looking at her just a few feet away from me, and I couldn't stop thinking, she's the one that did BOMT and OIDIA videos, she's the one that did all those VMAs performances, she did Toxic, she did Britney Jean :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: and it's like, how can you forget about that? How can you see her and "objectively" judge her, when you know everything that she represents?

the way piano music started playing on my spotify as I was reading this wow oh wow what a moment :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I fully agree with you

I feel the same way. My liking of Britney came from her music and performances. My love for Britney comes for my admiration for what she represents on a deeper level. Her media scrutiny, her imagery, etc. It's all there. She really has the perfect story. Even now, with the conservatorship. She's still fighting for what is essentially something that goes a lot deeper than just Britney the person. And to top it all off, she has an amazing personality. 

58 minutes ago, Nickey said:

I mean, what is wrong with our Queen using the stage like that??? If it's high art??:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Change your friends. :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

maybe youre right huh :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

move to holland so we can be besties xo

21 minutes ago, Roger said:

Well, wasn't this what PoM was all about though ?

I would not go that far... of course, I want Britney to shine brighter than others, as before Cship... she set the bar so high...  But I think sometimes we are, actually, too strict. I recently watched the concerts of some other artists. And, well, they were no better, tbh... I even rewound some of the performances, because it was boring for me.

2 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

I would not go that far... of course, I want Britney to shine brighter than others, as before Cship... she set the bar so high...  But I think sometimes we are, actually, too strict. I recently watched the concerts of some other artists. And, well, they were no better, tbh... I even rewound some of the performances, because it was boring for me.

Tbh POM tour is a stain in her legacy, it was so bad and homegurl looked so uninvested and like she didn't want to be there. The ticks and arm movements were crazy. Videos were painfully bad. I am glad she is taking time for herself now, the Circus has closed :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Nobody is perfect but I genuinely feel like Britney is one of the sweetest celebrities out there. She’s really humble and doesn’t talk **** about other celebrities. Even when she was attacked by the media and other celebs she never got trashy or or mean about them. 

There are times where I feel like we can’t blame her for situations in her life because given what’s gone on with her it’s unfair to. Like I don’t blame her bad attitude during chaotic. I don’t blame her bad dancing, I don’t blame her for her social awkwardness with fans and lack of interest for her career - because it’s not her fault. I know deep down she’s an amazing person but her environment and how she’s been treated have massively affected her.

I think Britney really seemed perfect in early 2000s, she had everything. She had fame, beauty, money, talent, great personality, charisma. I don't think there's anyone in the history of the world who had all of it that big. She was really the most beautiful woman ever and at the same time she was humble, funny, cute, down to earth etc. That mix already is rare as hell. And to all of that add her huge fame she's had and her fortune. And her freaking talent and incredible charisma that gave the world so many hits, great performances. If this isn't perfection for the world, I don't know what is. And you may think ''Umm... but Madonna, Beyonce etc. have had the same thing'', I hate to say that but they haven't been as pretty as Britney so Brit had advantage with it :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

But time showed us that Britney wasn't perfect, she lost almost all of that ''perfection'', even her money... She had everything and now she doesn't even have human rights... maybe it was just fair for the universe? Who knows 

The thing is, I love what Britney brings to music.

I love her voice even though I’m aware she isn’t the strongest singer - she has a flavour and a tone to her voice that is completely unique and unmatched in the music industry.

I love her albums and singles most of which have been groundbreaking for the pop music landscape at the time of their release. Her musical impact is still unmatched to this day if you ask me.

And for me, the enjoyment of her voice and her quality of the music is the MAIN thing. That’s the reason why I’m invested in her.

Obviously her team wanted the create this perfect pop star from day one and we were only allowed to see what they wanted us to, but as early as her second album, Britney was telling us not everything was as perfect as it seemed to the outside world looking in (“Lucky”).

At the end of the day, she’s a human being and she isn’t just here to be a pop star. She is entitled to live her own private life, and she is flawed and makes mistakes just like we all do.

I’ve never judged Britney for anything she’s done. Who are any of us to tell her how she should live her life or what she should or shouldn’t do?

nah but at the same time shes a lot older than me and shes from a diff culture than me so its not my place to judge cuz theres just many things i dont know (plus y would i judge if i didnt like her i would just stop stanning her - not that i think that it would happen)

I have always liked to think I look at Britney thru human lenses. I have always saw her as a person before I saw her as the popstar/legend/ICON/holyspearit/goddess she is and thats always made it easier for me to appreciate her but also made it harder for me against others who never have.

Growing up "with" her made a huge difference to I believe.

I appreciate her and what she's accomplished, and I would totally see her even if she sat in a chair and lip synched the whole concert lmao. In the next decade I want to see what SHE wants to sing and create moreso than before. Drop the synthesized voice and just use what ya momma gave ya. That podcast interview with the makeup artist was interesting when she said "she sings at home and when I heard her voice I was like whoah damn. They definitely change her voice" or something like that (I'm paraphrasing). I would want a record that is entirely her. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

Archived