This is the moment for all 'Britney' stans here: MTV examines the album and finally gives the praise it always deserved

I agree with the article in regards to the single, but the album was so so.  Some songs were much more mature than others, and some were quite teenie bopper so the album was very inconsistent.  Overall though it was a step in the right direction, and het follow up ITZ remains flawless and one of her albums to date:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

On 3/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Wasn't this song originally intended for OIDIA? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Overprotected was. But no BL wasn't for OIDIA. But i still wonder why Britney recorded songs like Before The Goodbye and I Run Away for this album but not songs like Step Up, Bout It (Step Up 2006 soundtrack), Player or Spirit Of The Radio (Step Up 3D) which could literally replace some songs. 

• Love 1
On 3/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, mythology said:

I agree with the article in regards to the single, but the album was so so.  Some songs were much more mature than others, and some were quite teenie bopper so the album was very inconsistent.  Overall though it was a step in the right direction, and het follow up ITZ remains flawless and one of her albums to date:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

inconsistent. Why?

On 3/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, mythology said:

To be fair the half the album was only inconsistent to some because she was still in between being an adult and a woman. She still had her teen fans but wanted to be mature. She had to play both sides. She didn’t want to completely alienate her fan base. 

1 minute ago, SJK said:

To be fair the half the album was only inconsistent to some because she was still in between being an adult and a woman. She still had her teen fans but wanted to be mature. She had to play both sides. She didn’t want to completely alienate her fan base. 

Between being an adult and a woman? :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

3 hours ago, pop analyst said:

inconsistent. Why?

It seemed she was trying to please two different audiences at the same time;  some songs like Bombastic Love sounded something like she would have recorded for her debut record... while others like Slave are clearly meant for a much more mature audience. 

I guess since she was transitioning to an adult she didnt want to alienate all her fans I guess.  I think its one of her weaker albums tbh.  ITZ was such a step up from this one.