This is the moment for all 'Britney' stans here: MTV examines the album and finally gives the praise it always deserved

4 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Perhaps what would give more depth to the album would be his performances, which were his peak as a Britney performer/dancer (along with the ITZ era) and not as a Britney singer. If she had done an acoustic session of the album, even if she had publicized the album the way she did, she would have gotten another look at the criticism and the gp and would not be seen as "superficial".

Look at the case of Taylor Swift, one of her best albums (if not the best according to fans and critics) was purely pop, but she brought her usual acoustic performances to that era and although I think she is a good peformer (she has evolved a lot over the years in this aspect, as her strength has always been in composing songs and singing them, since Britney is a natural performer), it was with her voice and her usual record that made the difference with it to be acclaimed and made sure that what it was doing was appreciated. She mixed performance with acoustic and that gave her credit for the album.

Britney did a ton of promo for the album and talked alot about feeling in between being a girl and woman and wanting to find herself. She would perform Not a Girl live almost like an acoustic performance, but the other songs don't really lend themselves to acoustic performamces. This album could have showcased a stripped down vibe with some of the songs along with having the big pop songs, but I don't think Britney was at a point to be interested in doing that just yet on an album. Although, she did a small stripped down section on the DWAD tour singing next to the piano little songs she wrote and I loved how passionate she was sharing them.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Britney did a ton of promo for the album and talked alot about feeling in between being a girl and woman and wanting to find herself. She would perform Not a Girl live almost like an acoustic performance, but the other songs don't really lend themselves to acoustic performamces. This album could have showcased a stripped down vibe with some of the songs along with having the big pop songs, but I don't think Britney was at a point to be interested in doing that just yet on an album. Although, she did a small stripped down section on the DWAD tour singing next to the piano little songs she wrote and I loved how passionate she was sharing them.

This performance by DWADT was not enough, but at that time she did what she knew how to do best and what was her trademark: dancing and performing on stage, even if in performances where she only dedicated herself to "singing" she was doing it playback (even this she did very well at the time). But imagine her doing an acoustic session of the album of the kind they did in fanmade for Slave 4U:

• Love 1
On 3/5/2021 at 7:51 AM, britney_rocks said:

Don’t come kissing Britney’s *** now MTV. She gave you iconic performances, and you guys didn’t give her a moon man until 10 years later into her career. 

I cant with this negativy. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: Start living in the moment and enjoy all the positive Britney exposure already. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

It's so teen-pop for a mature and urban album but it still is so good purr :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

It would have been better on OIDIA instead tho :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

The Britney album is pure gold. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: Too bad I was in a 'I dont like Britney anymore cause she is too slutty' phase when i was 10/11 when this album got released. I always ignored this album at that time.  :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, AreYouReady said:

I cant with this negativy. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: Start living in the moment and enjoy all the positive Britney exposure already. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

It’s not being negative. It’s about a network who used her for years and never gave credit for all her iconic work. And now that Britney is getting all this positive press, all of the sudden MTV cares about one of her albums? Haha sorry not buying it. Just like Justin “apologizing” for all the bs he did to her when it was convenient for him to. 

By the way, let’s not forget how mtv gave her Vanguard award and then used as an excuse to introduce Beyoncé, when that moment should’ve been all about Britney. To me, as a Stan, it was unforgivable how mtv handled that. 

• Like 1

I also believe the industry and Hollywood has a problem with girls being girly girls ..

There was a meme that basically said Mariah Carey and Britney spears gets attacked for being girly girls, while Madonna,  Beyonce,  And countless others gets praised for being masculine and not really feminine as if being a girls girl is bad. 

It's like Hollywood prefers masculine women over feminine ones. 

37 minutes ago, AreYouReady said:

The Britney album is pure gold. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: Too bad I was in a 'I dont like Britney anymore cause she is too slutty' phase when i was 10/11 when this album got released. I always ignored this album at that time.  :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

When you're a kid, you don't really understand that at all. 

My mom taught me there's two types of people,  the innocence and the sinners who keep sinning despite asking for forgiveness every week. 

Be proud to be innocent 

29 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

It’s not being negative. It’s about a network who used her for years and never gave credit for all her iconic work. And now that Britney is getting all this positive press, all of the sudden MTV cares about one of her albums? Haha sorry not buying it. Just like Justin “apologizing” for all the bs he did to her when it was convenient for him to. 

By the way, let’s not forget how mtv gave her Vanguard award and then used as an excuse to introduce Beyoncé, when that moment should’ve been all about Britney. To me, as a Stan, it was unforgivable how mtv handled that. 

I dont see it that way, but good luck with all the negative and frustrated vibes. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: