Adam Levine Claimed "There Aren't Any Bands Anymore," And It's Causing A Whole Controversy

I can’t stand him, but he kinda has a point. In terms of the mainstream and charts ROCK bands seem kinda dead. Occasionally a song by panic at the disco or imagine dragons does well but they still lean into a poppy or hip hop type sound. There’s not much mainstream music right now where you hear actual Instruments like guitars, bass, drums, etc. I mean Miley’s newest album was the top rock album for a few weeks, and while I think it’s great, and it’s rock influenced I would definitely still call it a pop album. I think rock is due for a comeback in the mainstream. 

it is ironic though, I haven’t considered any of maroon 5’s music to be rock for years. It definitely all sounds like generic processed pop

I was just thinking about this earlier at work. I was listening to random albums by Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc. Bands back in those days were truly magical and epic, then flash forward to now... it sucks.

Adam can take a hike, but I won’t be mad if he walks into my bedroom unannounced.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

What about Coldplay or OneRepublic or Imagine Dragons or Nightwish or U2? Are those gone for good? Haven't Metallica or Bon Jovi or Rammstein or Judas Priest released album within the two past years? 

It doesn’t compare to all the rock bands we had at the time, dominating the charts. Pop music and hip hop/Rap completely took over. Nothing wrong with that, of course, times change. But I get where his coming from. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Puppy said:

Yeah I don’t get what he’s getting at, there are tons of bands look how Blackpink is popular and other Kpop groups. I think his kind of band is what he’s referring to, it’s kinda true what the comments are saying that it’s him and a bunch of other musicians backing him up, people know him more than the others so it’s gonna be like Beyoncé and destiny’s child, it was always gonna be about Beyoncé just like Maroon 5 will always be about Adam. 

honestly I think he’s stuck in a formula, I’m still not sure what he means 

I think he is talking about bands as in like Coldplay, One Republic, Radiohead, Marchbox Twenty, not girl and guy groups. 

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

I think he is talking about bands as in like Coldplay, One Republic, Radiohead, Marchbox Twenty, not girl and guy groups. 

Do you mean rock bands? Which is true. So does that mean he wants more rock bands? I think he should have said that but Maroon 5 is considered pop music right? I know initially they had an indie rock band sound but the past decade has been pop to me, not that it’s bad but forgettable. Still not sure what he’s getting at...is Maroon 5 preparing a big comeback? 

9 hours ago, UnderTheGun said:

It doesn’t compare to all the rock bands we had at the time, dominating the charts. Pop music and hip hop/Rap completely took over. Nothing wrong with that, of course, times change. But I get where his coming from. 

Pop and hip-hop took over, that's true. However it doesn't mean that there are not any band anymore. A fellow exhaler also mentioned Bastille and Foo Fighters. Just because Adam is not aware of those doesn't mean they do not exist. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block