Adam Levine Claimed "There Aren't Any Bands Anymore," And It's Causing A Whole Controversy

Adam Levine told Apple Music's Zane Lowe:

"It's funny, when the first Maroon 5 album came out, there were still other bands," Adam said. "I feel like there aren’t any bands anymore, you know?"

"That’s the thing that makes me kind of sad," he continued. "There's no bands anymore, and I feel like they’re a dying breed."

He went on to say that while there are still bands that exist, they aren't "in the limelight" anymore, and that he wishes "there could be more of those around."

adam-levine.jpg.f2eb65fb5026dcd1f37abd9dacab2ec5.jpg

Related: 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

Yeah I don’t get what he’s getting at, there are tons of bands look how Blackpink is popular and other Kpop groups. I think his kind of band is what he’s referring to, it’s kinda true what the comments are saying that it’s him and a bunch of other musicians backing him up, people know him more than the others so it’s gonna be like Beyoncé and destiny’s child, it was always gonna be about Beyoncé just like Maroon 5 will always be about Adam. 

honestly I think he’s stuck in a formula, I’m still not sure what he means 

32 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I didn't read it because I don't like Adam but I think he is referring to actual BANDS, no singing groups lol Bands as in MUSICIANS who play instruments and sing. You know - music. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: I can't at yall thinking he is referring a category that could include Kpop dance troops. 

for the people who dont understand this is a band:
 musical-group-rock-band-playing-260nw-15
and this is a boy/girl band 
There's Only 'One Direction' For This Boy Band: Up | KNAU Arizona Public  Radio

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I didn't read it because I don't like Adam but I think he is referring to actual BANDS, no singing groups lol Bands as in MUSICIANS who play instruments and sing. You know - music. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: I can't at yall thinking he is referring a category that could include Kpop dance troops. 

THANK YOU <3

7 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

What about Coldplay or OneRepublic or Imagine Dragons or Nightwish or U2? Are those gone for good? Haven't Metallica or Bon Jovi or Rammstein or Judas Priest released album within the two past years? 

and they continue to be mega touring forces

• Love 3

As much as I hate Adam Levine and maroon 5, I do think he’s right. I miss bands dominating like sum 41, blink 182, green day, good Charlotte, simple plan, my chemical romance, weezer...I know they’re still making music but just not as popular. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to say maroon 5 couldn’t hold a candle to any of those bands 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block