Zara Larsson releases her new album "Poster Girl," drags Pitchfork's negative review

On 3/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, vttmishere said:

Couldn't believe when I saw "All the Time" didn't make the album. It's simply my favorite Zara song and one of my all time break up/I miss you songs.

ugh I know!! Not gonna lie, I was a little heartbroken it didn't make the final cut... :(

HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT LOVE HER! :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 1

The album is great. Love me land was my jam this past summer.  Zara is a gorgeous talented queen and y'all will deal with it:martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

My favs off the album: Need Someone, Poster Girl, Look what you've done, stick with you, love me land. "Right here" kinda makes my ears bleed with that repetitive "I'm right here right here" pls stop; also the instrumentals are kinda messy:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Other than that, I love/like the rest of the album.

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting really bored of artists losing momentum on their albums because of the prioritisation of singles.

Like, she hit the ground running with Ruin My Life (back in 2019!!) and slowly descended with each release. It's happened to so many artists and it sucks because she has so much potential.

I tend to lose interest with a stream of singles spaced out over 2 years because it shows a lack of confidence in their body of work. Like, release your 3 singles, stick to your guns and get that album out!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 8:51 AM, BabyBabyBay said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting really bored of artists losing momentum on their albums because of the prioritisation of singles.

Like, she hit the ground running with Ruin My Life (back in 2019!!) and slowly descended with each release. It's happened to so many artists and it sucks because she has so much potential.

I tend to lose interest with a stream of singles spaced out over 2 years because it shows a lack of confidence in their body of work. Like, release your 3 singles, stick to your guns and get that album out!

You're right... Record labels basically want their artists to release hit singles and then release the album, as if having hit singles were a mathematical issue, and as if making a whole album were totally dependent on the success of two or three songs... Where's the expression of the artists left?