Zara Larsson releases her new album "Poster Girl," drags Pitchfork's negative review

Matiz

March 5, 2021 marks the official release of Zara Larsson's third (and second international) album Poster Girl.

She also dragged Pitchfork for their negative review of it.

The album has been promoted by 5 pre-release singles:

Ruin My Life

Wow

Love Me Land

Talk About Love

Look What You've Done

What do you think about the Swedish superstar's new body of work, Exhale?

rsz_zara-larsson-music-news-poster-girl.jpg

• Love 2

I will start with saying that... gurl :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: she delivered again :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

The girl never dissapoints and gives us quality bops with great production and clever lyrics :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: The title track hed me literally thrown to the ground.

it's a shame that she is independent now and flops so hard when she used to be so succesfull in the past :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: Look What You've Done has so much potential to be the next Lush Life :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Like 4

I love her!! But I don't understand what happened after the "So Good" album... Suddenly, the following singles were quite lackluster if you ask me... I mean you can tell she gives her all each time, but the songs just aren't that good.

Anyway, I love the new album name!! I hope it's good as a whole... And I can't wait for that cover!!

PS: I love her here!!

• Love 1

Look what you’ve done issa bop :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance: but I am surprised she’s still around. I remember back in 2014 when LA Reid talked Zara up. I figured she’d explode in the united states, but here we are...I honestly haven’t heard any of these tracks until today :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: That said, the only other single I liked is Love Me Land. The rest are okay :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Need Someone got a lyric video

It is also the song chosen for New Music Friday playlists, so I guess it is the new single :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: It's a good song, but I am a little bit disappointed :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses: We need music video dor Look What You've Done immediately to make it Lush Life 2.0 :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: and the next single should be FFF, these are two best songs on the album :kfed_kevin_federline_popozao_jamming_dancing:

This album is growing on me... I was obsessed with So Good and probably drove everyone around me crazy with having it on repeat. This album, I listened to it during work yesterday morning and was like it's alright, but purchased it anyways because it's Zara. Listen to it a few times yesterday and I was like "OK, here we go" (driving is where this album got me). Now this morning, I have it full blast on the sound system and I'm loving it. It actually does have "So Good" vibes, just change the music a bit and it would blend so well together. She deserves to be bigger than she is. I'm not saying she's the Britney of her generation but she would definitely have the potential if people would pick her up and if the music world still worked the same as it did then. She's a true pop artist in and out and there are not many like her, in this generation, releasing real pop music like this today!

3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

"Stick With You" > Guess who wrote it? I looked it up and it says... Max Martin :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

So far, I LOVE the second part of the album!

the production and lyrics of this album are absolutely splendid! Swedish producers are simply the best :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 3

On 3/4/2021 at 3:15 PM, Matiz said:

I will start with saying that... gurl :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: she delivered again :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

The girl never dissapoints and gives us quality bops with great production and clever lyrics :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: The title track hed me literally thrown to the ground.

it's a shame that she is independent now and flops so hard when she used to be so succesfull in the past :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: Look What You've Done has so much potential to be the next Lush Life :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

To be fair, she is very big in Europe.. we Americans tend to think that if someone is not popular here then they are not popular.  Not so.  I saw her perform in Amsterdam and it was packed.  Zara is doing fine.  Her new album is great!  Although, I will admit, not quite as good as her first one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CoasterFreak18 said:

To be fair, she is very big in Europe.. we Americans tend to think that if someone is not popular here then they are not popular.  Not so.  I saw her perform in Amsterdam and it was packed.  Zara is doing fine.  Her new album is great!  Although, I will admit, not quite as good as her first one.

I'm from Europe, honey :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: And I would say she USED TO BE very popular. Every song from So Good was a huge hit, but since she became independent her songs are not played by radio stations. Her last hit in terms of streams was Ruin My Life and in terms of airplay - Like It Is. Talk About Love flopped dramatically (it was a bad single choice) and I can only hope that Look What You've Done can be a moderate hit (although she should have given it proper single treatment by now) 

10 hours ago, Matiz said:

I'm from Europe, honey :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: And I would say she USED TO BE very popular. Every song from So Good was a huge hit, but since she became independent her songs are not played by radio stations. Her last hit in terms of streams was Ruin My Life and in terms of airplay - Like It Is. Talk About Love flopped dramatically (it was a bad single choice) and I can only hope that Look What You've Done can be a moderate hit (although she should have given it proper single treatment by now) 

Like I said, she will be fine.  She is much more successful than 98% of artists.  Maybe stop bashing an independent artist because she's not successful enough for you?  Not sure where in Europe you are from, but we do not insult and belittle artists here.

29 minutes ago, CoasterFreak18 said:

Like I said, she will be fine.  She is much more successful than 98% of artists.  Maybe stop bashing an independent artist because she's not successful enough for you?  Not sure where in Europe you are from, but we do not insult and belittle artists here.

where do I insult or belittle her? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I love Zara :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block